noise difference

a5cyt

t32 204 kombi highline lwb with dsg.
T6 Pro
has anyone gone from a panel van to a kombi ,like I have ,and found out how much quieter a kombi is . ??

Strange -I drive both and find the PV quieter as the bulkhead seems to shield the rear noise. Both are T6 though which are way quieter than the equivalent T5's

One things for sure the AC is way better in a PV with the smaller area to cool !!!

Forgot to say the PV was fitted with the factory floor covering - I think that does make a big difference - an inch of foam and a rubber coating on top as opposed to a bare 2mm steel floor with the usual half inch gappy ply covering .

Well my panel van was a t5, so that probably answers that question, but I never have bulkheads because they stop me having long loads

And both my vehicles had the flooring you mentioned and then carpet on top of that

I have gone from panel vans but not vw to a t6 Kombi and it is very noisy . All of the noise comes from the back not the engine . The tyres are noisy so they could be changed easily . I was going to fit a curtain behind the front seat and see if that helps but haven't got around to it yet. I did test drive a t5 panel van without a bulkhead about 3 years age and just to it back to the dealer after a couple of miles it wasn't for me. You just get use to it and it is lovely when I get back in my car when I had the ford with bulkhead the car made more noise. I would like to have a drive in one that has sound deadening fitted.

I had a factory T6 Kombi and when I had the rear floor removed it made a big difference to the noise levels.
Now that it's been insulated and converted the noise levels have gone back down again.

Back