No Response from Controller

Derry

Hi

Was going to have a play today to try and get the power folding mirrors coded thanks to Loz’s pictogram.

Autoscaned and cleared some DTCs earlier, but this afternoon keep getting error “No response from controller”.

Tried autoscan and opening several modules but no joy.

Also tried testing the ports and saving with no luck, just a message saying CAN not ready.

Any idea on what the solution could be?

Edit...

Genuine Ross-tech HEX+CAN
WINDOWS 10 64 bit
Latest VCDS rev

Thanks in advance

Derry

Had you got the ignition on?

Ignition not turned on ?
Plug not in properly ?
Cable damaged ?

Have you tried going into Options>Test - like you have to when you first use it ?

Ignition not turned on ?
Plug not in properly ?
Cable damaged ?

Have you tried going into Options>Test - like you have to when you first use it ?

Pauly

Ignition was on and LED was on, on the connector. Assuming it was connected OK.

I ran options test again and this is were I saw the message CAN not ready.

Took the van for a drive, no issues, lights on etc.

Could be cable is fried.....I have had it a good few years. Just seems strange I had no issues a few hours before!!

Have you updated to the new release? I got asked to update last week.

Agreed it is strange that it worked in the morning and not in the afternoon, perhaps you have a Spanish lead lol

If you get stuck I would contact RT and ask them I’m sure they will have some options

Hahaha....nice one Paul. Probably a Brexit thing....UK sourced dongle incompatible with a LHD van.

Actually just moved back home after 10 years so will try and make some meets this year.

Just for interest some snaps of the issue.

I honestly think the dongle is done for. As you suggest will contact Ross Tech see if I can get support.

50D5A1EA-6EDE-4E65-A4A4-5C335DD88663.jpeg DF1D1B2C-8A53-4D50-BC2C-5DDC53BE708F.jpeg ED8FF91E-DD50-470F-8CD8-2A0D83C39D88.jpeg BDC372F8-7511-46B9-A4E3-1F1AA1AF4F05.jpeg

23FF0FBE-6CD2-436A-8EA5-8F3875A25527.jpeg

5313AAAC-29CE-4BAE-95C4-FF3EA837525F.jpeg

Update.

It seems my HEX+CAN is dead. The fault I was getting was on both my VWs.

Reply from Ross Tech

Based on the CAN not ready results on two CAN vehicles it sounds like HC430578 failed internally.

Relieved it’s not the CANBUS interface on the T6, but all those adaptation plans..!!!!!

Back