No Central locking / Alarm

Gav101

Hi all,

Need a bit of advice regarding the central locking and alarm on my 2015 T6 Highline panel van (140 6 speed).

Yesterday I went to lock my van and noticed it wasn't locking from the fob. I thought it was the battery in the fob first of all, but when i went to locked via the key the passenger door wasn't locking.
It doesn't open or close the locks via the interior door lock button either. If you arm the alarm (Indicators flash and the red light for the alarm) you can open the door, it sets off the alarm, well the indicators go off. But there is no audible alarm.

I have been through all the fuses inside the van the cab and engine bay. Only one blown fuse but that was for the DLR. I have also been through the search here trying the solutions others have suggested but again to no avail. Last thing i did was disconnect the battery for an hour to see if that would do anything. But that didn't help either.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Gav

Have you got any power to that door?

Does the windows work?

Central locking from that door switch?

Does the dash show the door open and closed ?

Speaker in that door?

Things to look at....

The door loop cable from door to a pillar.

Fuse replaced into wrong slot.

Door lock physically shifted in door.

Door catch on body shifted.

Got a few pics of the door and dash clocks when the door is open?

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we have power to the door, windows work fine. However the "auto window?" doesn't function, you have to hold that down. Central locking switch has power as you can press it and hear the relay click for the indicators. But doesn't obviously lock/unlock.

Dash door shows open and closed. Speakers work fine.

I am thinking of a BCM reset via the Captive Discharge, i think you put a post up about it.

Yes I will get those for you. But nothing seems out of line and fuses are in the right place. I had a friend send a pic of his fuse box setup. Mine is the same and no fuses blown.

Cheers

Gavin

See if you can relearn the window pinch for that door.....

Press and hold window down and hold when down for few seconds...

Then pull and hold up till top and keep holding for few seconds....

Repeat twice... that should reset the windows...

As for the door...

Try some WD40 on the lock latch mechanism incase its stuck open...

You can latch it with a screw driver while the door is open....... check for smooth movements.....

You can try a BCM reset as mentioned....

Aside from that you will need to take off the door card to check the lock for lock/unlock power pulse.

Last edited:
Windows sorted, that was fairly easy :)

I managed to get VCDS and do a fault code read, a few faults. I am not sure if i am reading it right but those faults all seem to have the same error code?

Anyway some pics for you :)

IMG-7904.jpg

IMG-7905.jpg

IMG-7906.jpg

was this with both doors open?

1604505925534.png

scroll down to mod#9 and get the details of this fault code . . .

1604505978639.png

also, you can take pics of all the fault coders . . . (or do a vcds copy/print/save to disc) (unless your still in warrenty and want to leave the codes for VW to see.)

then clear all the codes,

any current codes will come back after a key cycle. (will clear any old codes)

It wont lock on the fob if it thinks any of the doors are open, in your dash picture was the door closed or open when you took the picture?

OP says: " passenger door wasn't locking. "

To confirm it won't lock with the doors closed, even if you put the key into the lock and turn it. Arms the alarm but the rest of the doors will stay unlocked. I am going to go back and have a look at the VCDS as it is the first time i have used it :)

sound like you are going to have to take the door card off and have a look about.

Reactions: Loz
Joys! I had a quick look online and it doesn't look too much of an issue. Just a bit time consuming.

I think you can use VCDS measuring blocks to see the status of the lock microswitches? (or did I dream that?)

Yes you should be able to get that on vcds, could be internal latch fault, on the golfs when they played up if you carefully drill into the latch above where the cable goes in and fold it with penetrating oil it normally sorts them out done this on loads now sorrted my old altea out too that way

When you try to lock with key from drivers door does it reacts like a miss lock on the other doors

Does the internal handle of that door feel normal and does it spring back tight to the door?

Sorry for the late reply. I was just going through the logs.
I’ve attached the log. I’ll clear all the fault codes tomorrow and go for a run to see if the others come back. Only other that concerns me is the ABS, apparently it’s the steering angle sensor.
going bsck to the central locking. It’s not sticking, handle is free. I’ve already sprayed wd40 into the locks via the access port on the door.
Appreciate all the feedback guys.

84C8D107-0B4C-452A-9A73-CC2948BB7E3B.jpeg

Have to drill the latch if solenoid sticking going in the door catch part would not help

Before I bust the drill out. The supply voltage b+ that fault is most frequent compared to the other faults. Could this be a ground wire?

Another question. Do you know if the T6 has a central locking module like the T5.1 or is it controlled by the BCM?

Another question. Do you know if the T6 has a central locking module like the T5.1 or is it controlled by the BCM?
BCM via the door module that's on the back of each window motor.

Back