Nic's Centre Dash-Console swap

View attachment 23947 View attachment 23948 Did I cut the wrong part of plastic?
I found this to be the only part I couldn’t understand and therefore could not fit bottle cooler/holder.

Also the compartment next to the gear lever, seem to be missing a rubber lining and some form of a blanking plate or perhaps a light fitting??? Can some one please post part numbers for these two please. (Refer to 2nd photo)

Yes you did cut the wrong part. You need to remove the trim from under the carpet and trim that down....

Yes you did cut the wrong part. You need to remove the trim from under the carpet and trim that down....
@Evgenij Webster you're after the thick plastic trim. Probably need something like a dremel. You're work isn't wanted I found trimming a small amount of the flooring made it easier to fit.
You'll want to remove about 3 inches from the thick plastic. Best off pulling the flexible flooring away and offering the bottle cooler up and seeing what you need. You can always remove more...

View attachment 23947 View attachment 23948 Did I cut the wrong part of plastic?
I found this to be the only part I couldn’t understand and therefore could not fit bottle cooler/holder.

Also the compartment next to the gear lever, seem to be missing a rubber lining and some form of a blanking plate or perhaps a light fitting??? Can some one please post part numbers for these two please. (Refer to 2nd photo)

@Pauly do you happen to know the part number for the rubber mat for the centre console?

Fitted my centre console today after reading @ZipcodeUK cracking write up,with good results for the floor finish.so here is an insight to aid others attempting the conversion!.......
I cut the plastic support while in situ,with a Stanley knife and an hacksaw blade as a flexible guide,once scored you can then snap the trimmed plastic off.I cut 20mm off the centre right down to 120mm in the far lower left.I then fitted the console into place,and marked any excess rubber/plastic on the inside of the console with a permanent marker pen and trimmed to suit.I put some foam under the rubber mat by the fuse box to bolster the existing floor as it was sagging a little.hope this helps......
@Pauly

8D83C7DA-E21A-49D1-B6BB-8D126A2F0BFD.jpeg

507659FD-ADAB-4F97-A999-F0E53826FE3D.jpeg

976460B9-FE11-40DE-A550-F47A8940B7F7.jpeg

D4200EC4-A7EB-4030-98E1-79441EC5E612.jpeg

2D247E75-5A17-4B45-87CC-984EA6ED7701.jpeg

C339D90F-0FE8-4438-8827-59D6920FB4B8.jpeg

Complete centre console is £350
Cooling pipe/outlet is £30 if required then theres a rubber tray insert for drawer and blank cover for additional USB socket if desired for a few quid
Postage is £15

if only they were still £350 new!

yeah they have gone up a bit, reckon you could add £50 to that price now !

Evening chaps, after some advice please.

Fitted mine today thanks to Pauly for supplying the parts, and this guide top class.

It’s the bottle holder causing me trouble. Trimmed the plastic tunnel part and then as the fit wasn’t still too good, trimmed some of the rubber flooring. The bottle holder clips in, mine even engage by themselves, but the holder seems to need to go back a couple of more millimetre to make the fit perfect. Opens ok, but its still to close, quite a push needed as a bit of resistance, but it does clip closed. I just can see what is preventing it from being perfect. I don’t think the plastic tunnel needs anymore trimming as seem to have already done a bit too much. The gear lever cable, being a manual is directly underneath but these, as I have two cables here just won’t move no play on them at all. Even using a trim tool and torch just can’t see underneath with the holder closes.

Thoughts most welcome.

regards jay

I had trouble getting mine to close in the beginning too. I can't 100% recall what I did but with pushing the rubber flooring down and making sure there were no folds it made closure a bit easier. I then left it for a few weeks..... and over time it just go better and better as it all seemed to settle in place.

A great write up @ZipcodeUK
I’ve ordered the bits for the centre console upgrade and lower dash in Titan black today. Easter is looking very busy now!

Just an update from me.

I had to trim more off of the plastic tray, just at the corner where it beds to run straight across to the drivers side. Then trim the rubber flooring as has too much folded under the bottle holder. Judging by the pictures posted by Lowlec, I had to trim a fair bit more off. Just as usual trim and check, trim and check, each time checking the fit.

So a bit of a twist on this one. I currently have the comfort lower dash but have a twin seat so isn’t great. If I was to change this out to the standard, is it just the main centre plastic I’d need or is there multiple parts? I appreciate there would likely need to be a little finishing for the flooring etc. Anyone done this?

Just reading this thread and if the price of the parts has gone up check out a company called professional retro fits based up near Nuneaton they do it fitted for £570 inc

So a bit of a twist on this one. I currently have the comfort lower dash but have a twin seat so isn’t great. If I was to change this out to the standard, is it just the main centre plastic I’d need or is there multiple parts? I appreciate there would likely need to be a little finishing for the flooring etc. Anyone done this?

dibs on the comfort dash if you sell!

dibs on the comfort dash if you sell!
Fair enough, I think I might try changing to the standard and seeing how it is and then decide wether to stick with it or not. Seen what looks like the standard centre console on eBay for around £30 but not sure if that’s all I’d need, before I look to get it

Unless someone still has there old standard one they want out of their way :p

Back