Nic's Centre Dash-Console swap

Same price as the shorter one, think they are about £16-18 at a guess

Not yet, I'm just collecting all the parts together. Once done I shall post a review and photos.
Hi, have you managed to tackle this yet?

I've got all the trim parts...however I need to order the cooling pipes etc...do you have the part number for the hose, t-piece and the plastic part that connects to the bottle cooler....I'm not sure how many or what the parts are?

I've got 2x usb's one has a flip lid on it and the other is plain which I think needs to connect to a small trim in the glove box....do I need a separate part to connect the usb's up?

I appreciate any help here.

The ish game is complex as the tie in with the stereo and extra expensive parts are needed.
I got the final parts this week and I'm aiming to fit it Monday or Tuesday sometime (weather pemitting)
I will take loads of photos of the cooling pipe and it's fit/routing as this is the only thing different to previously mentioned. Sorry it's been a slow burner but I'm on the case.

The ish game is complex as the tie in with the stereo and extra expensive parts are needed.
I got the final parts this week and I'm aiming to fit it Monday or Tuesday sometime (weather pemitting)
I will take loads of photos of the cooling pipe and it's fit/routing as this is the only thing different to previously mentioned. Sorry it's been a slow burner but I'm on the case.

Cheers, I'm waiting for a few days of good weather on the weekend to do this job and sound proofing and insulation....looking forward to your write-up in the meantime :thumbsup:

Do you have the part numbers by any chance so I can get them ordered?

looking forward to seeing the finished product @Ed Webb at the next meet,
this might be something else to add to my mod list

Cheers, I'm waiting for a few days of good weather on the weekend to do this job and sound proofing and insulation....looking forward to your write-up in the meantime :thumbsup:

Do you have the part numbers by any chance so I can get them ordered?

Sadly I don't have the part numbers. @Pauly will be the best bloke to speak too. He has sourced a few members the complete upgrade already.

looking forward to seeing the finished product @Ed Webb at the next meet,
this might be something else to add to my mod list
It's not actually a bad mod. Following the quite here I've managed to fit the pipe and get the refit stage.
Once the laptop has charged I shall do I quick write up and post some pictures.
I've left all the trim off as hopefully tomorrow I'm adding some lighting and sorting out a few mods under the bonnet.
Back soon......

I can confirm this pipe works a treat, fitted one today and the length is perfect
The pipe/t piece is all one unit and both ends just push right on, will dig out the part number

Well I've had a crack at it this evening as I had a bit of spare time. I followed the guide already covered in depth by @ZipcodeUK. Very good write up so big thanks for that.
I've been sent the newly discovered longer cooling pipe to test if it works however @Pauly beat me to it.
Here is my attempt, I'm happy if you have suggestions or comments on what I've done. please note my coloured drawn on bits vary per photo.

Firstly, Here is the pipe in question, Please note the two different ends.
pipe markings.jpg
The red circled in as a neat smooth finish and this fits onto the glove box side, the blue circled end its roughly chopped and fits bottle cooler section.

This is the grommet that needs removing, boring photo but it may help to know what you're feeling for.
20180428_194918.jpg

Here is a photo of the pipe fitted and a rough routing
InkedPipe Route_LI.jpg
Blue goes to glove box, Yellow is the T section and Red goes to bottle Cooler.

Here is the glove box cooler vent that the pipe goes onto, this is already in your dash.
20180428_193512.jpg

and finally I found it nearly impossible to route my bottle cooler plastic pipe through the gap that @ZipcodeUK did, I currently cant see any issues with my way but only time will tell when I start refitting.
20180428_194818.jpg

My dash is still off as I plan on doing a few mods tomorrow so if anyone can think of anything else they would like to know of suggestions please feel free to put them forward.

I can confirm this pipe works a treat, fitted one today and the length is perfect
The pipe/t piece is all one unit and both ends just push right on, will dig out the part number

cheers pauly really appreciate it

Well I've had a crack at it this evening as I had a bit of spare time. I followed the guide already covered in depth by @ZipcodeUK. Very good write up so big thanks for that.
I've been sent the newly discovered longer cooling pipe to test if it works however @Pauly beat me to it.
Here is my attempt, I'm happy if you have suggestions or comments on what I've done. please note my coloured drawn on bits vary per photo.

Firstly, Here is the pipe in question, Please note the two different ends.
View attachment 21468
The red circled in as a neat smooth finish and this fits onto the glove box side, the blue circled end its roughly chopped and fits bottle cooler section.

This is the grommet that needs removing, boring photo but it may help to know what you're feeling for.
View attachment 21469

Here is a photo of the pipe fitted and a rough routing
View attachment 21470
Blue goes to glove box, Yellow is the T section and Red goes to bottle Cooler.

Here is the glove box cooler vent that the pipe goes onto, this is already in your dash.
View attachment 21471

and finally I found it nearly impossible to route my bottle cooler plastic pipe through the gap that @ZipcodeUK did, I currently cant see any issues with my way but only time will tell when I start refitting.
View attachment 21472

My dash is still off as I plan on doing a few mods tomorrow so if anyone can think of anything else they would like to know of suggestions please feel free to put them forward.

What does the T piece connect to?

Back