Nic's Centre console swap

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by ZipcodeUK, 19 Oct 2017.

1. Peatey

Peatey Head Treacle Miner VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Top man @Pauly will be in touch for an order if thats ok

2. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    My van used to be PV. Just require a single passenger seat as already mentioned.

3. Peatey

Peatey Head Treacle Miner VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    cheers @Ed Webb i thought yours was but just wanted to make sure,
    ive thrown the wife a curved ball with holiday plans to buy me some time so i need to get it ordered !

4. T6180

T6180 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

So today I finally had the time to fit my centre console and lower dash trims.....I know I have to purchase some additional screws and speed clips, however I can't seem to get the bottle cooler section to clip in....is this what I need the speed clips for or am I missing something here....

BTW the this thread was excellent to follow and made the whole process a lot easier.

5. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    Have you trimmed the floor/tunnel to allow the base to sit fully down ?
    If you are referring to fitting the bottle cooler into the centre console trim then it’s just a bit of a bitch in general, even when factory fitted you need to give the rear of the bottle cooler a good shove backwards and push the locking clips out as you press back they never seem to engage on there own

6. T6180

Hi @Pauly yeah I trimmed it down maybe a bit to much just to be on the safe side, it seems the bottle cooler wants to pop back out and I can't seem to get it to clip in. I'm a manual if that makes any difference as the gear cables seem very close.

7. T6180

@Pauly I've done it!....I followed your instructions and gave it a good shove and it appears to of clipped in ok...………..well it's not fallen out again.....Thank you:thumbsup:

ZipcodeUK, Ed Webb and Tourershine like this.
  8. Evgenij Webster

Evgenij Webster Member VIP Member T6 Pro

93EAA29E-9700-442D-A653-8029DD3B151D.jpeg 31603869-9D93-4475-9E6B-CE9CF87A38E0.jpeg Did I cut the wrong part of plastic?
    I found this to be the only part I couldn’t understand and therefore could not fit bottle cooler/holder.

Also the compartment next to the gear lever, seem to be missing a rubber lining and some form of a blanking plate or perhaps a light fitting??? Can some one please post part numbers for these two please. (Refer to 2nd photo)

9. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Yes you did cut the wrong part. You need to remove the trim from under the carpet and trim that down....

10. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    @Evgenij Webster you're after the thick plastic trim. Probably need something like a dremel. You're work isn't wanted I found trimming a small amount of the flooring made it easier to fit.
    You'll want to remove about 3 inches from the thick plastic. Best off pulling the flexible flooring away and offering the bottle cooler up and seeing what you need. You can always remove more...

Evgenij Webster likes this.
  11. T6180

@Pauly do you happen to know the part number for the rubber mat for the centre console?

12. Pac Man

Pac Man New Member

Also require this bit if anybody has part number ^^

13. drew_greenday

drew_greenday Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    @Pauly, sent you a pm about this replacement order :thumbsup:

Tags: