Next question...

Veema

Teaching Assistant
T6 Guru
I have the choice of having the hook up point either underneath the van, which means I'll have to roll around on the floor to connect up and I don't know how it doesn't get all clogged up with road muck splashing up on it...or have it mounted on the side of the van, which would be much easier, but then have to have a flap thing covering it up, thus ruining the line of the van...

What do you lot have?

Mine is hidden under the rear bumper, doesn't get plastered in crap, but you do need to make sure that the cable and grommet are cracked in silicone to keep them free of water.

Mine is hidden under the rear bumper, doesn't get plastered in crap, but you do need to make sure that the cable and grommet are cracked in silicone to keep them free of water.
Also good preventive maintenance to spray inside with WD40 to keep the contacts clean and corrosion free just as with trailer electrics connections :):thumbsup::whistle:

Same as @ polzeylad but mine is yellow so also noticeable but not something I worry about
Well you should worry about it.
Just think how many people see a lovely yellow California only for their faces to fall when they see that dreadful dark section for the hookup and water (not sure if you have a water filler cap too?). ;)

Just have it painted white before it's fitted...

It's a plastic thing...it would be much better if it were the same material and colour as the van.

Anyway, (at the risk of @Polzeylad thinking up more innuendos) I'm not adverse to rolling around on the floor, never considered it's similar to tow bar electrics, so think I'll go for the underneath option.

Back