Heater / Air-Con blowing warm

Dieseldonkey

150 DSG Shuttle Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi. Wondered if anyones encountered the following. Recently purchased a 2016 150bhp DSG shuttle with 6000 miles on the clock from Arnorld Clarks in Motherwell. Discovered on drive home some 40 miles away, that the aircon wasnt working. A/C set to to max with temp set to Lo. I was actually getting what I thought was air slightly warmer than ambient from the vents. Advised by Arnorld Clark to book it in with local VW dealer as its under warranty. Im thinking with the vans age and mileage, it shouldnt be requiring an aircon recharge. Wondering if the flaps in thr heater box are dedective. Anyone else had similar issue.

Also this evening drove 2 miles to supermarket and 2 miles back. 30 mph all the way, yet temp gauge reached 90 and the radiator fan kicked in when I turned ignition off. Albeit aircon switch was left on. Is this nornal for such a short trip. With the exception of BMWs, I've never known a diesel to heat up so quick.
Thanks

Heaters tend to only blow warm if set to windscreen, adjust to any position except windscreen and it works normally

As for your short trip sounds like the dpf started to do a regen and you turned the engine off midway, if this is the case the fans run full tilt (sounds like an aeroplane is hiding under the bonnet) to help cool the engine from excessive temps required to do a regen, totally normal especially on newish vans, seems to settle down after a while

Thanks Pauly. Tried all the vent settings, individually and combined but no chilled air at all. I did wonder of there was an issue with the condenser being faulty and overheating, hence perhaps the radiator starting. But I hear what your saying about the regen process. Is there a way you can tell if its going through this process. Do you know how it works at all?

Thanks Pauly. Tried all the vent settings, individually and combined but no chilled air at all. I did wonder of there was an issue with the condenser being faulty and overheating, hence perhaps the radiator starting. But I hear what your saying about the regen process. Is there a way you can tell if its going through this process. Do you know how it works at all?
Its just really loud! lol

Dont have the specifics as it seems quite complicated but my understanding is that it should do a regen frequently (once or twice per tank of fuel) and will only do it when engine is hot and you have a reasonable amount in the tank, when it is doing one the engine temps increase and idle tickover speed seems to pick up a bit, you can sometimes feels a bit of extra heat on the cab floor and you can get a slight burning smell out the window or when you exit vehicle (burnt rubber kinda smell) but that tends to fade as the van gets older, if the conditions are not met and the van cant do a regen for a period of time this is what brings on the orange warning light on the dash and is what the sticker at top of windscreen refers to advising you to take a spin on a main road and keep revs up a bit to assist the van to do one

Pauly. Thank you for that. Yip, had the burning smell now too. And yeah, the fan sounds like a Lancaster bomber when it fires up.

Back