Newbie - flat battery and high pitched noise

Boppypop

Evening all

We had our newly converted camper arrive around 2 weeks ago. We haven't had a chance to get out in it yet, no user manuals arrived from the converter yet so we are not familiar with how to navigate the kit onboard.

Tonight the battery is entirely flat, had to jump it, and there is a high pitched noise coming from the rear. Could anyone lend us some genuinely noddy level advice on the basics of essential camper owner responsibilities to prevent catastrophic failure...battery, leisure battery management when the van is standing? Is there an inverter somewhere that we need to turn off when van not in use?

We don't even know how to hook up to power yet...that's how wet behind the ears we are

Cheers :)

It’s very difficult to give advice, as we don’t know what you have installed - there are so many variations.
You really need to contact the converter to get decent information.

In the absence of that info, some photos of what the electrical installation would help.

Who was your converter ?

Pete

Do you have an electrical hookup cable, and do you know where to plug it into the van ?

Pete

Ok, I would get on the phone to your converter tomorrow and explain the situation.
Personally I would give them a lot of grief on the fact that you have no instructions, and insist on immediate support.

Unless there is someone on here who has a similar Styleline conversion, or that Sargent control panel, then I think we will struggle to help.

Pete

Fridge left on, low battery alarm? Is there an inverter fitted, some have a low battery (high pitched) alarm. Run the engine for a while & see if it stops.

The high pitched noise on my van when I'd just had it converted turned out to be the Carbon Monoxide alarm. It goes off every couple of days if I leave it on. Must be the build up of some chemical fumes in the van, but I've no idea what. Can't adjust the sensitivity so I just live with it.

Back