Newbie build up and running

Andymc

T6 Pro
Joined the forum a week before collecting my van from VW Commercials Liverpool. A few weeks in now and every van seems to be indium grey! AF77B4C2-3F1C-427F-9E21-81B64A7EE241.jpeg83A034AA-FB4B-4F44-88CD-D336388A3316.jpeg

The story so far three windows in, barn doors to do..
DoDo sound deadening and insulation in, floor also between 9mm packers.
Reimo awning rail added, courtesy of Dave @ DC Conversions Runcorn.
Austops roof ordered, October fitting.
I’ve started carpeting, one side done other side today..
One piece ply floor in the garage waiting for carpeting to be finished.
Driveaway awning Vango Cruz III arrived with all options.
Gas regulator and canisters arriving tomorrow for Cadac bbq.

Next jobs sort electrics, curtains, Kiravans door store when back in stock!
9E5154DA-45E7-4B83-B511-4CBE97C119F4.jpeg2E00A363-38E8-4B9A-B345-DB0507C5710B.jpeg

More photos and an update to follow soon If it stops raining ☔

465D5B8C-4114-463C-BEBD-905984708FDD.jpeg

Carpeting finished, ply floor bonded down. Now for the panels. Altro wood bamboo to go down next..

Good luck with the windows, the mess all that cutting makes - I’m still finding iron filings rusting away in dark corners of the van

Van-x curtains, new step and rear threshold Fitted. Anyone know where to buy OEM caps for threshold?

I received the folding mechanism from vankraft, just got to fit it now.

Had a quote from travelvolts for some bits, still not sure whether to go for lithium battery straight off or continue build and swap out later!
Altro flooring, should I go bamboo?

Fitted some Heko deflectors to front windows.

Polar Thermo shade ordered for windscreen, great price and looks like a great product.

Still looking for some cantera’s to go with some exterior mods.

Hopefully sun is out next week get the barn door windows done.

Hi @Andymc

Vee Dub Transporters do the OEM ones at £4.99 each

Or Travelinlite do 6 of their own for £7.99 with free delivery on their eBay store.

Update on progress

Vankraft double seat mechanism now fitted along with Kiravans seat swivel courtesy of #AndyGreenwood.

Electrical components starting to arrive daily,
Renogy 100ah lithium battery
Renogy DSC50S dc-dc charger
Victron IP65 12/15 charger ( for under bonnet see Deaky’s post on this install
TravelVolts wiring kit for battery, 12 way fuse box
Consumer unit Wylex IP65 ( again see Deaky’s post)
Led lights x5 dimatec chrome x2 touch(for rear)
USB c-line sockets x2
13a c-line sockets x2
Tv/sat c-line

Has anyone ran cables across the floor (in trunking)between the cab rubber matting and the rear ply?

More photos to follow

Chippys workshop b post table has arrived, I won’t get chance to fit this before our first trip tomorrow. Off the lakes for 5 days, hopefully decent weather and I’m not coming back with a wet awning!

Update

Austops roof fitted last week, went with black and grey canvas.

carpeting finished lights in properly now.

Evo kitchen fitting issues.... where are the units fitted in relation to bodywork? Right up to the back or into the corner behind the b post?

Anyone give advice? I’m going to call Evo also just after forum opinion.

256D4820-4AD6-4186-BDA8-17D9F3145796.jpeg

B8887016-9573-44EA-947F-F97263C93A74.jpeg

72E67FA5-653C-44F3-B22F-122D22B6AD3D.jpeg

A few inches further back, now flush with the upper door frame, had to shave a couple of mm off the top to fit snug. All good, P trim on.

Now take it back out and move the wiring around so it doesn’t come through in the middle of a cupboard back! Also got to fit the recess back and figure out which lights to fit in them...

The Evo instructions aren’t the greatest. You have to sort of work bits of it out yourself. Like securing it in place.....

Back