WLTP - Am I Being BS’d By Dealer?

hmluk

VCDS User
VIP Member
So I ordered a new Caravelle Exec (Bamboo Green) on 19 August, added to the spec on 22nd. Hoping, for obvious reasons, to have it by 31st October. Joined the T6 forum to get fully informed. Which I certainly have. Given a build week of 39 on 6th September. All looking good. Contacted the dealer on 26th September and was told it was now at status 30. Even better.
I now have problems with my main car so thought I would get a progress up date only to get this from the salesman
"The vehicle is at a built state and just waiting its wltp code
The DVLA are responsible for the codes im afraid
I will chase the factory now for you"
And then
"I have just phoned vw, there are currently over 2000 crafters alone waiting for wltp codes and they have been told it is DVLA end related on delays, they are pushing for codes daily and applying what they get immediately
The wait is beyond our control unfortunately but I will keep checking for any update or release to the port"

Seems like complete tosh and now don't know if to believe any of what I have been told.
Am I missing something. I thought that WLTP was a test on an initial representative example of the vehicle not on every vehicle and the codes should be in place for the Caravelle.

Is it B**ls**t from the salesman?

I heard this, vehicles are stacked at the port pending registration

Sorry, should have done a proper search of the forum before starting a new thread. Should have been part of Vehicle Registration Delays Due To Wltp?
I believe that the engine I have ordered is a WLTP certified engine as it is the 199 not 205. But if the last comment from my salesman is correct, it is the individual spec that causes the problem. For every combination of extras there is a new code apparently. So I guess that I have an odd combination. 4M + diff lock, plain side windows, tow bar, etc. All will give different weights and aero. Interesting that Ford may be as incompetent as VW.

So it seems I was being fed bull from the salesman I have been dealing with. Just spoke to the sales manager. He went and looked up the status of my order and came back with "it is not built yet" and has a build week of 43. So not for a couple of weeks. Nothing to do with WLTP. But it does look like it will be entering the country after 31st October. :(

Back