New VW owner and confused about ‘T’

maxfield1

Hi all,

I've just taken on a new VW transporter kombi. On the paperwork it says its t32 but when trying to get accessories, websites are only intrested in it being T5 or T6.

Can anyone explain this to me please?

T 32 is the weight capacity- T32 being 3.2T, T28 2.8 ,T30 3Tonne. T6 is the model of the van, so you can buy a T6 in different weight capacities. Hope this makes sense!

Hi all,

I've just taken on a new VW transporter kombi. On the paperwork it says its t32 but when trying to get accessories, websites are only intrested in it being T5 or T6.

Can anyone explain this to me please?
It confused the Bejaysus out of me too so you're not alone. You're not the 1st to ask and you won't be the last.

And you can gauge the quality of information from the responses above.
This Forum is filled with genuinely helpful people, all questions are taken as serious and answered by knowledgeable folk
The Search button is your friend, as there is a treasure trove of info already on here.
Best of luck in the Transporter world!!!

T 32 is the weight capacity- T32 being 3.2T, T28 2.8 ,T30 3Tonne. T6 is the model of the van, so you can buy a T6 in different weight capacities. Hope this makes sense!
Also to add further confusion, each model gets a sub-version moniker when it has a facelift. So you’ll come across a T2.5. T5.1 T6.1

Back