New VW 18 inch wheel options

Popped over here from the Cali club forum just to contribute to this thread. We specced the dark bronze 5 spokes on our indium grey 6.1. I think they suit the colour really well, hopefully the pics give other folks an idea about what they’d look like on their vans.

CB6BB01D-5619-4BBE-BD96-28486D5E0928.jpeg
3C5C34C7-8BB4-4D7A-BF6B-3304388CEC7B.jpeg

C7B4BB45-0A7D-402D-8E3A-23F01BFFDE92.jpeg

Bit worried as recommended tyre rating is for a
235/50 R18. This is the size recommended by VW for these wheels. Which is 101 rating recommended for my van is 103 255/45/18 I dont want to come unstuck
Any advice as I do like the 10 spoke

Popped over here from the Cali club forum just to contribute to this thread. We specced the dark bronze 5 spokes on our indium grey 6.1. I think they suit the colour really well, hopefully the pics give other folks an idea about what they’d look like on their vans.

View attachment 156664
View attachment 156667

View attachment 156665

What tyres are they

Tyre is van specific not wheel, T30 and down Vw recommend that size, t32 is the 103 255/45 you are running.

No problem with having the wider size tyres on any van just Vw won’t put them on for you.

Had mine on with 255/45 since pretty much the start of this thread, no bad thing Vw wouldn’t fit the tyres as they were £100 per tyre dearer than my usual tyre place!

View attachment 156664
View attachment 156667

View attachment 156665
Looks like your at poole breeze in photos which is my local dealer, i can just see you had falken all season tyres, what size did you go for and were these fitted by breeze?

Bit worried as recommended tyre rating is for a
235/50 R18. This is the size recommended by VW for these wheels. Which is 101 rating recommended for my van is 103 255/45/18 I dont want to come unstuck
Any advice as I do like the 10 spoke

What tyres are they
I’ve got 255/45 R18 XL 103 tyres on the 10 spokes :thumbsup:

Hello All, first time poster here, and new to the T6 community. :)

Recently bought a 2016 T6 (T32), in chestnut brown, but it has new swamper wheels and tyres (Navis), that I'm not so in love with, and looking to swap to something like the dark bronze 5-spokes picture in this chat. Will these fit a T6, as opposed to T6.1, does anybody know please?

Also, I'd be looking to sell the current wheels and tyres. They have only 500miles useage on them. Any ideas on realistic asking price for such things please?

20221025_150741.jpg

IMG-20221004-WA0002.jpg

Hello All, first time poster here, and new to the T6 community. :)

Recently bought a 2016 T6 (T32), in chestnut brown, but it has new swamper wheels and tyres (Navis), that I'm not so in love with, and looking to swap to something like the dark bronze 5-spokes picture in this chat. Will these fit a T6, as opposed to T6.1, does anybody know please?

Also, I'd be looking to sell the current wheels and tyres. They have only 500miles useage on them. Any ideas on realistic asking price for such things please?

View attachment 178276

View attachment 178277
Welcome, nice van!!

All wheels that fit T6.1 will fit a T6 as the fitment is the same. The most important aspect is the weight rating, you will need to check the wheels are load rated for T32.

VIP membership on here (£12.99 PA) and you will be able to list them on the for sale section check out other listings for an idea on price.

Welcome, nice van!!

All wheels that fit T6.1 will fit a T6 as the fitment is the same. The most important aspect is the weight rating, you will need to check the wheels are load rated for T32.

VIP membership on here (£12.99 PA) and you will be able to list them on the for sale section check out other listings for an idea on price.
@david173 Thank you! That's useful to know, so I'll look in to doing that.

Do you happen to know, what is the load rating requirement for T32 wheels? Thank you.

Do you happen to know, what is the load rating requirement for T32 wheels? Thank you.
There is a black plate with white writing on it on the front inner wing (under the bonnet) This gives you the maximum front and rear axle weights for your vehicle. Take the highest and divide it by two to get the required individual wheel rating.

There is a black plate with white writing on it on the front inner wing (under the bonnet) This gives you the maximum front and rear axle weights for your vehicle. Take the highest and divide it by two to get the required individual wheel rating.
Thanks @dubber36!
I'm learning already, but from my roookie starting point, that's only to be expected. :laugh: Thank you.

Have any of the other early adopters had any problems with the diamond cut finish?
Just cleaned mine today and nsf is showing some small patches of the dreaded wire worm.
Just under a year old, so wondering if anybody has had similar and tried warranty? Only on one wheel so far.

Have any of the other early adopters had any problems with the diamond cut finish?
Just cleaned mine today and nsf is showing some small patches of the dreaded wire worm.
Just under a year old, so wondering if anybody has had similar and tried warranty? Only on one wheel so far.
One of my 18” diamond cut sportline alloys has this problem. Annoying but not visible from any kind of distance.

Mine are fine as stored in the garage. I took them off b4 any sign of salt appearing on the roads.
They were also Gtechniq C5 wheel armour coated b4 ever being fitted as well.

I currently have std Devonports with ATs on until the weather improves.

Back