Van ordered, due week 34

What ?! You wait 5 weeks to join up and come and tell us all! What colour, spec, dealer, etc ? Did you get a deal ? Were they accommodating or smarmy? Was the dealer coffee machine in use or not 'cos COVID? PV or Kombi? Come on man, or our lass, we need more than a one liner! You're not one of those Vivaro Refusniks are you ?! ;)

Reactions: CAB
Week 34? Newbie, you didn't ask the all important question, which year. 2022 or 2023? You'll learn.

I know what VW are like I've had my T26 since 2008 have only done 82k since i bought it exellent van but thought i would go for the T30 150 Highline SWB in indium grey with an extra sliding door, for probably my last van, anybody what to buy a van? at the end of the day all car makers have delays, had it with my new car two years ago, i did stress with the salesman i wanted it september ( fingers and toes crossed) hopefully there wont be to much delay on a standard van with one extra door? price not to bad but not on the part exchange side may have to sell private looking at current prices.

Hi guys and gals , I’ve had a t3,t4,t5 and now I’ve ordered a new t6.1 4 motion ascot grey I’ve had transporters for over thirty years so I’d pick the van over the misses !
I’m a Chippy and use it for work and intend to do off road now and then ..I have a window of opportunity to upgrade my spec‘s in the next week or so . can I please ask what your must have would be ?
I've got down some things ..led headlights ,comfort package,diff lock , hill descent adaptive cruise, lane assist, fixed window left and right , swivel seat (both) appearance package , anti theft.
I would welcome your thoughts

Hi, spec looks good but the only thing I would go for additionally is soft close on the side and rear doors as saves slamming the doors.

Thanks Steve , on the t3 I remember the side door was a bit average .. consider it on the list

Do Vw have dash cams ? I have anti theft ordered but over the years I’ve had five brake ins with my t5
I believe some after market dash cams can record inside and outside the cab ..I’m finding VW‘s specs info about extras on their offical site is terrible

Do Vw have dash cams ? I have anti theft ordered but over the years I’ve had five brake ins with my t5
I believe some after market dash cams can record inside and outside the cab ..I’m finding VW‘s specs info about extras on their offical site is terrible
No built in dash cams. If you search the forum there's plenty of info.

What do you do when you've got the hump though??? :slow rofl:
Wait a few seconds (making sure you don’t calm down) and thump the door when closed! Doesn’t have the same flounce to it though!!!

Another question please, I've thought about getting some air into the back of the transporter t6.1 for outback trips.
in build options it gives a option of ..

Air con. system in cab with electronic control, 2nd evaporator a. 2nd heating in load/pass. compartment w/ventilation.​

I have searched the internet for two hours to find images of what I’m getting and it’s officially a unicorn.
would anyone have images of what it is , It would be very appreciated if possible

Another question please, I've thought about getting some air into the back of the transporter t6.1 for outback trips.
in build options it gives a option of ..

Air con. system in cab with electronic control, 2nd evaporator a. 2nd heating in load/pass. compartment w/ventilation.​

I have searched the internet for two hours to find images of what I’m getting and it’s officially a unicorn.
would anyone have images of what it is , It would be very appreciated if possible
Hi did you end up putting air con in the back? We have a T5 and it’s baking in the back as the rear vents only throw out hot air. I wondered if there was a way of adding air con to the back?

Hi did you end up putting air con in the back? We have a T5 and it’s baking in the back as the rear vents only throw out hot air. I wondered if there was a way of adding air con to the back?
No I found some images and it was going to interfere to much with the van fit out , decided on a roof vent and directional fan
at a third of the cost

No I found some images and it was going to interfere to much with the van fit out , decided on a roof vent and directional fan
at a third of the cost
Hi Markebo3. What cameras and roof vent or ventilation combination did you end up with?

I've got my first T6.1 LWB 4motion transporter ordered for possible collection later in 2024. I'm also trying to finalise the vehicle options and accessories. My current list is comfort pack, leds, appearance pack, rough road suspension upgrade, 3 fixed tinted windows. Not sure if the appearance pack is worth the cost though.

I'm awaiting a quote to have one or two Maxxfan delux roof fans installed to provide max ventilation or one Maxxfan and one Dometic skylight.

Back