New Van [which dealer fitted underrated tyres to]

Looks good. Plenty of threads on here about re-mapping. The answer to your question is yes, probably.

Pete

Morning Mark. Good to see you've finally joined the elite and welcome to the forum.
This place is a wealth of information and knowledge, and the 'search' box above will have answers to most of the common questions asked on here by T6 owners, but if you cannot find the answer, just post and you should get the information you require pretty quickly.

Are you using the T6 to pull your Caravan?

Hi pal,
Yes I will be pulling the caravan with it , I got rid of the old works van ,and will use the pick up for work , t6 is for best :)
I will be going round Europe with it next year ,
First trip with the caravan on the back today , hopefully it should pull ok

Nice looking van :) Is it wearing 20” Amarok wheels? What size tyres?

Hi wills
Thanks
Yes they were on it when I bought it at vw Lancashire
They are 255/35/r20 97y.

Hi wills
Thanks
Yes they were on it when I bought it at vw Lancashire
They are 255/35/r20 97y.

I assume it’s a T28 with those tyres fitted? The 35’s suit the rim nicely. I’ve had to go to a 40 profile as I have a T30!

Thanks fezza

Hi wills
It’s a t32 204ps swb
It was a main dealer van as the accountants run around at vw Preston van Center,
They better be ok for my van or it will be going back :)

Thanks fezza

Hi wills
It’s a t32 204ps swb
It was a main dealer van as the accountants run around at vw Preston van Center,
They better be ok for my van or it will be going back :)

Def the wrong load rating for your van. Far too low

Cheers all
Thank you
I will get the dealer to change
Unbelievable with the price of the van

I would check the weight rating on the wheels too. They need to be 860Kg minimum I believe.
T32 is tricky with wheels and tires and due to its weight its a type 7 MOT test where things like tyre load rating etc will be checked.
Plus, if you had a big accident and the police and/or insurance company find that the wheels and/or tires are under spec, you could be in for a whole world of pain.
Sorry to be Mr Doom & Gloom, but I also have a T32 and went through all the nonsense about wheels and tires.

Very nice van too BTW :)

Deaks

I would check the weight rating on the wheels too. They need to be 860Kg minimum I believe.
T32 is tricky with wheels and tires and due to its weight its a type 7 MOT test where things like tyre load rating etc will be checked.
Plus, if you had a big accident and the police and/or insurance company find that the wheels and/or tires are under spec, you could be in for a whole world of pain.
Sorry to be Mr Doom & Gloom, but I also have a T32 and went through all the nonsense about wheels and tires.

Very nice van too BTW :)

Deaks
Cheers Deaks
I have been on to the dealer , they say they are high load tyres and are correct ?
I will also look at the load ratings, thanks for the heads up
Cheers

Cheers Deaks
I have been on to the dealer , they say they are high load tyres and are correct ?
Cheers
Hi
Ask your dealer to put it in writing that a 97 loaded tyre is OK for a T32 van, in an email or on a headed invoice. I bet you will get a different response. :thumbsdown::eek:

Cheers Deaks
Cheers

I assume the dealer consulted with their tyre technician? NOT
For peace of mind and to secure confirmation, take the van to a tyre supplier and ask the question there.
As owners have discovered on the forum, T32’s tyre choices in 20” are limited. The 255 35’s are all 97’s, which are low rated. If the dealer states “ well they are XL’s (extra load)” then you know they’re buffoons!

Last edited:
As others have already said, a 97 load rated tyre is nowhere near OK.
A 103 rated (or higher) is needed for sure.
The dealer is talking out their arse, and even a letter from them with their view on it, is not going to help you one little bit legally, if you find yourself in an accident.

Deaks :)

Back