New Van Excitement Overload

Gordon1702

Gas fitter
VIP Member
T6 Pro
been searching for a kombi for a while now, seen loads that tick most boxes and others that tick all boxes but outwith my budget. Going to see one 2morro it’s more than I was looking to spend but..... you only live once...
Will update with pics and spec if I get it

been searching for a kombi for a while now, seen loads that tick most boxes and others that tick all boxes but outwith my budget. Going to see one 2morro it’s more than I was looking to spend but..... you only live once...
Good luck mate, look forward to the update

Good luck, been there, got the t shirt, and I'm still spending on mine 12 months down the line...........it gets addictive.

I did the same last summer! The mod list is growing it’s lowered on springs but with the banded steels I’ve fitted, the suspension is going to get an upgrade this year for sure! You’ll have to put a picture in here if you get it

If you don't smash your budget then you've failed... at least i think that's how it tends to go

Reactions: DWS
That’s me officially the owner of a t6... it’s a 68plate 204bhp in grey with all options ticked apart from a sunroof and its 2wd not a 4motion, it’s too dark to upload pics but I will put some on 2morro when I get a chance.

Although, you may think you have just bought the van of your dreams, there are certain people on this Forum that will advise re new wheels, new front lights, new rear lights, new led lights, new suspension, new roofs, new steering wheels, new night heaters, new this... new that... and all sorts of other stuff that you never thought you may need, but will buy anyway.

I hope you have deep pockets - it becomes addictive!!

Welcome aboard @Gordon1702 :thumbsup:

Although, you may think you have just bought the van of your dreams, there are certain people on this Forum that will advise re new wheels, new front lights, new rear lights, new led lights, new suspension, new roofs, new steering wheels, new night heaters, new this... new that... and all sorts of other stuff that you never thought you may need, but will buy anyway.

I hope you have deep pockets - it becomes addictive!!

Welcome aboard @Gordon1702 :thumbsup:

And thats just for starters.

Yes to everything else that @moomin-j suggested, but keep the roof the van rolled out of the factory with. It’s just not worth the hassle.

Welcome to the T6 club Gordon....

I keep telling myself its a long term project.... and I don't need everything at once.... So take your time and enjoy the ride...

Before your mods, research thoroughly... spend once and get it right first time...

I bought new with the intention of the van being a long term project for the next 10+ years... After forking out for a new bells and whistles 4M I'm now approaching a further 25K in after my conversion and yet the list of mods wanted is still growing.... I'm hoping it doesn't force a re-mortgage and divorce...!

Well done, sounds nice. To get you going, did you know that you can always get a sunroof retrofitted?

First time I’ve had a chance to give it a clean since I bought it, got to say I’m loving the new van.

Back