New van (and some questions!)

Mojo80

T6 Pro
Hi everyone

Pretty new to the world of campervans, but have taken the plunge and picked up our 16-plate 140 T30 Highline yesterday, fresh from conversion - hoping we've made the right choice for family holidays and days out with our two young kids (3 yrs and 7 months), and absolutely delighted with it so far.

I know there is a huge wealth of knowledge and experience here (*hoping that flattery gets you everywhere!) and just wondering if anybody might be able to help with a couple of things I can't yet work out, with apologies if I'm being thick. The first one is regarding ISOFIX. We have a 112cm RIB, and the converter told me today that there is one metal loop for ISOFIX under the centre of each of the back seats - as our car seats have two ISOFIX connectors, I can't see how this works? Any tips very much welcomed!

More generally, would also be very grateful for any hints on sleeping arrangements for small kids in the van. I'm thinking about getting a "Red Bed" hammock thing from Kiravans for the 3 year old, that goes across the front seats, and the baby is likely to go on the RIB with my wife while I'm on the roof bed, so if anyone has a view on either, or alternatives, that would be great (inc. whether anyone uses any kind of baby containment system, such as a travel cot).

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tom

image.jpg

Welcome to the clan @Mojo80 can't help you with your problem as I have a Cali and both my lads are grow up but there are a few guys on here who have similar and will be able to advise when they are back from their meet up. Bare with us till then. Ps that is a nice looking van

@Mojo80 That is one beautiful looking conversion and looking forward to seeing some photos of the interior fit out. You'll find many sources of help and advice on the Forum and you have only to ask. I'm absolutely certain that you've done the right thing and that you and the family will have many happy days and nights in your van. It may help if you can put up a photo of the seats concerned and, if it is the RIB bed, then the make as many others will be able to help as they may have the same model.
Good luck and may you have many smiles per mile.

I might be wrong but normally there are two isofix 'hoop's where base of seat meets upright and then 1 either on back of the seat (or in your case under the seat)

Cheers @PukkaT6 - that was what I was expecting, but can only find the single hoop in the centre. Will have another look tomorrow, as sounds like I may just need to delve around a bit more.

let me know if not there as we are planning on adding to the family in the next year and thats one thing I wanted.

Welcome mate, enjoy the vans, the opinions and advice.

Will do @PukkaT6 - looking online, it sounds like one other thing to look out for is that the legs on the car seat bases are extra long, as the RIBs sit higher. This might make it a moot point for us anyway I think, as ours are standard. Looks like even more expenditure, on new car seats with seatbelt fixings

Lovely looking van...I'm just about to start on the conversion road, my van comes next week...be nice to see some interior pics as I'm looking for inspiration...and I'm nosey.

I think you've got to think about resale when considering colours...it looks great. My converter won't put in overhead lockers because of the clearance from the hob, but I've seen loads of vans with them.

Is that just a grill, or an oven / grill? Have you got an external vent?

I think you've got to think about resale when considering colours...it looks great. My converter won't put in overhead lockers because of the clearance from the hob, but I've seen loads of vans with them.

Is that just a grill, or an oven / grill? Have you got an external vent?

Over lockers above hob or slim ones at least is a pretty std fair.. I'd look carefully at your converter, as its YOUR conversion to suit YOUR taste, NOT his... FYI, that looks like a lwb version if you look at back of sliding door to wheel Arch..

Last edited:
Yes, LWB - in the pictures it looks a bit smaller inside than some others, as I brought the rear seats forward 6 inches or so on the sliding rail.

It's just a grill (which I'm not convinced we'll use very often), but not sure if there are any other vents other than the windows. Hoping to be outside using the barbecue, but looks unlikely at the moment!

Last edited:
Yes, LWB - in the pictures it looks a bit smaller inside than some others, as I brought the rear seats forward 6 inches or so on the sliding rail.

It's a just a grill (which I'm not convinced we'll use very often), but not sure if there's any other vents other than the windows. Hoping to be outside using the barbecue, but looks unlikely at the moment!

There's a pop in Louvered window vent for the sliding windows available..

I totally disagree with the principle of choosing anything related to these vehicles based on resale!

We're choosing what we want, and how we want for us... I never want to sell it ;)

Back