New to Caravelle ownership

icemanjacks

New family vehicle to replace our aging Disco 4. Had chrysler voyaging grand voyager before (5 kids) but never something this full size. Anything to be aware of as a new owner? Driving such a large vehicle for the first time?

its a 2016, 4 motion in Executive spec with 60k bougjt from VW, on first few drives seems very nice
1000025610.jpg

Relax and enjoy it. I'm on my second Caravelle and if you compare footprint you won't be any bigger than a Disco. I think a Caravelle SWB is even shorter than my old 5 series touring. Might be mistaken. And if you want it to drive better CRS are the go-to for suspension upgrades to transform the ride.

Park in the Parent and Children section of supermarket car parks even if you don’t have them with you. You won’t get your van scratched and no need to struggle.

Relax and enjoy it. I'm on my second Caravelle and if you compare footprint you won't be any bigger than a Disco. I think a Caravelle SWB is even shorter than my old 5 series touring. Might be mistaken. And if you want it to drive better CRS are the go-to for suspension upgrades to transform the ride.
Definitely shorter than a 5 series touring but it is wider and quite a bit taller! Not sure if it’s that much taller than a disco though but watch out for car park barriers

Been used to air suspension past 5 years in the Disco so this obviously feels a bit less comfy. Would CRS help with that or are you referring more to road holding aspect etc?

Park in the Parent and Children section of supermarket car parks even if you don’t have them with you. You won’t get your van scratched and no need to struggle.

...and if there aren't any dedicated bays, park right over the far side of the carpark as far as you can get from the main entrance and the other punters, choose a nice end-of-terrace spot and drive your partner nuts each time. I doubt I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
God be with you. Save a lot of cash for repairs and you’ll be fine.save more for upgrades. The disco is bulletproof compared to the Caravelle :).
On my second Caravelle and would not drive anything else. However I have understood too late it would be better avoid 2016 and 2017 MY, they seem to be more unreliable ( at least here on the forum).

God be with you. Save a lot of cash for repairs and you’ll be fine.save more for upgrades. The disco is bulletproof compared to the Caravelle :).
On my second Caravelle and would not drive anything else. However I have understood too late it would be better avoid 2016 and 2017 MY, they seem to be more unreliable ( at least here on the forum).
I had a Caravelle from 2012 to 2023 and never had a single problem with it. Granted it was a T5.1 which I know were more reliable.

...and if there aren't any dedicated bays, park right over the far side of the carpark as far as you can get from the main entrance and there other punters, choose a nice end-of-terrace spot and drive your partner nuts each time. I doubt I'm not the only one.
That's Me

Been used to air suspension past 5 years in the Disco so this obviously feels a bit less comfy. Would CRS help with that or are you referring more to road holding aspect etc?
Steve at @CRS Performance will have a solution for your suspension requirements. Whether it be better dampers that make the 'van' ride and handle in the way VW should have made it, or a more performance orientated set up to lower it and work with big wheels. He transformed mine.

Back