New T7

Looks much nicer than the VW version though I hate all that wood, why could they not just do it plain
I think this was the first one they'd done and was primarily to get something launched and built ready for the recent show at the NEC and, as with all of their models, I expect they will be offering a range of finishes. I've not seen it in the flesh yet but the thing that put me off is the fact it only has 2 sleeping berths which means it's no use to me for few years.

It’s a very big van for a 2 berth. In fact none of the conversions I’ve seen so far have made very good use of the space, the VW being particularly poor. It needs one of the more innovative converters to do something with it, the Westfalia isn’t too bad, but something like a version of the Knauss Boxlife would be good. The main drawback is the Sprinter still being too narrow for a transverse bed, though the Westie uses a tiny slideout for your feet which is quite clever.

I remember when the first photos of the t6 got 'leaked' looked nothing like the t6 does now. I shall wait for the t7 or t6.1 release and winge then :p

I remember when the first photos of the t6 got 'leaked' looked nothing like the t6 does now. I shall wait for the t7 or t6.1 release and winge then :p
Exactly, that howler above is just a rough guess from bits of other VWs, all glued together by the magazine work experience boy's first attempt at Photoshop.

Haven't seen any plausible reports doing the rounds. The new Crafter apparently took 4yrs start to finish and that wasn't a radical redesign by any stretch of the imagination. Assuming the "T7" will be the result of the joint venture between VW and Ford announced last year, then 2020/21 would be a good bet. Like you say, they need to push to new powerplant types but I doubt Transporter is a priority to move from diesel.

Still firmly believe we'll see a facelifted T6 next year or year after.

Back