VCDS user - Wiltshire

8balladdict

VCDS User
T6 Guru
Hi All,

Just thought I would put this out there, I have a full original Ross-Tech VCDS diag kit so if anyone down south needs/wants anything doing, I'm more than happy to help.

Based in Swindon, Wiltshire.

:mexican wave:

Hi "8 ball addict",
Me too I am a new T6 owner and I bought vcds software to use its diags.
On my T6 I use Discover Media with GPS, Car Net, mirror link but I have not the voice recognition.
If you have it, it should be possible to compare our two settings to know what option I have to set to get it.
Do you agree ?
Today I am T6 addict...

Hi "8 ball addict",
Me too I am a new T6 owner and I bought vcds software to use its diags.
On my T6 I use Discover Media with GPS, Car Net, mirror link but I have not the voice recognition.
If you have it, it should be possible to compare our two settings to know what option I have to set to get it.
Do you agree ?
Today I am T6 addict...

Unfortunately I don't have the gps version media system, just the standard one. Sorry. Sure they will be other people with the same version as you that could help though.

You won't be able to get Voice going with vcds, but to be honest your not missing much.

Hi both,
Since last week I read several thread about these topics: VW voice recognition quality, and voice recognition enablement by VCDS ?
I noted across different forums many answers but half of them are the contrary of the other ones. The useful of the voice recognition of the discover media is to use it for all its functionalities (Radio, Multimedia, GPS, etc). If I use the voice recognition of my smartphone I can’t access to the radio of my van for example. The problem is when I ordered my T6 the dealer did not warn me that the voice recognition is an option. Today to add it it’s very expensive and I have always this unnecessary button under my nose… it’s irritating ! So I would like to enable it if possible and with the best price.
By VCDS I set/check for the following :
=> 09 – Central Electrics : 09 – 3 = Multi-Function-Steering-Wheel (MFSW) installed
=> 09 – Central Electrics : 15 – 0 = Push-to-Talk Function via Multi-Function-Steering-Wheel (MFSW) active
=> 13 – Auto Dist. Reg : 02 – 3 = Trailer Recognition Control Module installed
=> 5F – Information Electronics : 24 – 1 = Speech Dialog System (SDS) active/installed
and I got the “Voice recognition” item in the setting option menu of my discover media... but it's greyed without access. But as this new item appeared I might think that the voice recognition function is already inside my discover media waiting a software key.
So could you explain why you wrote "You won't be able to get Voice going with vcds" ?
Regards
Philippe

I might think that the voice recognition function is already inside my discover media waiting a software key.
So could you explain why you wrote "You won't be able to get Voice going with vcds" ?
Regards
Philippe
You are correct, however, VCDS cannot process the activation key or get around it.

You would need the dealer to sell you the activation key and activate it with the VW VAS system so that it can be authorised by the mothership.

Ok Loz,
I found also this interesting debate to the following link;
Voice Control and Speech - Issues and Questions - Page 19

However I have yet to be convinced that there is no particular bit to enable, hidden anywhere...

Regards
Philippe
I tried, found a candidate bit(adaption) enabled it. It worked for a few minutes until the infotainment unit had completely booted then it stopped working and the unit had disabled it itself due to lack of licence file.
You would need to hack the software on the infotainment unit itself to get round it.

Hi Loz,
Thank for this information. So the Voice Recognition module uses a temporary bit for its validation status. At its reboot the Voice Recognition module updates this bit from another location. We can suspect a central one as the gateway module and I don't think from a complete licence text but from another bit resulting of the licence processing.
Is it possible to access to the gateway information bits list? The current one of your site is like below.
We should find another validation bits of other functionalities in the gateway module if true...

<<
19 – CAN Gateway
(This module contains a list of the installed modules in your vehicle and forms the basis of the
component protection, it is not recommended to make changes here unless you are confident your
actions are required/correct)
Coding Options
00 – 0 = No coding options/Undocumented
01 – 0 = No coding options/Undocumented
02 – 0 = No coding options/Undocumented
>>

I think that this list is not complete.

Best regards.
Philippe

Voice activation is the same as app connect to activate, it needs an online connection via odis to the VW mothership to program the headunit

Researching app connect activation will may be easier as there's a lot more info on it ??

Hi Loz,
Thank for this information. So the Voice Recognition module uses a temporary bit for its validation status.

Best regards.
Philippe
no, voice recognition is part of the infotainment system and all the coding and software licencing is within it, no other modules are involved.

@Pauly
Good idea; I reviewed some forums about this topic but the solve seems always the same by order it to VW ...
@Loz
Ok, I am forced to pay it to get it...
Could you send me the way to activate the candidate bit(adaption) to test the quality of this voice recognition functionality as I would like to know if my money will be well spent before to order it?
Thanks for your help across this tread.

Regards.
Philippe

It doesn't work for long enough to even start the training.
Your best bet is to visit a dealer and test a vehicle demonstrator with it.

Hi Pauly and Loz,

Sorry for this late feedback, I have no excuse as I am early retired, but I am really very busy by my new life …
So I payed the voice recognition to get it to my subcontractor (In March). Before and after its setting I did a VCDS log/scan to check all new coding. I noted only this change:
Adresse 5F: Electr. d'informat. (J794) Labels:| 5G0-035-MIB-STD2.clb
No. pièce Log: 5C0 035 680 D Mat: 5C0 035 680 D
Pièce: MU-S-N-ER H31 0359
No. de série: VWZAZ2S5407869
Codage: 065700013C00000011110001000808001F0100D4002001004F
No. Atelier: WSC 02737 790 50316
Jeu de données ASAM: EV_MUStd4CTSAT 001022
ROD: EV_MUStd4CTSAT_VW26.rod
VCID: 221EE2F3844088176DE-8076
Support de données:
Sous-système 1 - No. pièce Log: 3G0 919 866 AQ Mat: -----------
Pièce: ECE1 2017 --- 0730
No. de série: --------------------
To: (Currently I use English VCDS release)
Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794) Labels:| 5G0-035-MIB-STD2.clb
Part No SW: 5C0 035 680 D HW: 5C0 035 680 D
Component: MU-S-N-ER H31 0359
Serial number: VWZAZ2S5407869
Coding: 065700013C00000011110001000808001F0100D4002001004F
Shop #: WSC 131071 1023 2097151
ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd4CTSAT 001022
ROD: EV_MUStd4CTSAT_VW27.rod
VCID: 221EE2F38440881744C-8076
Data medium:
Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 3G0 919 866 BC HW: -----------
Component: ECE1 2017/18 --- 0820
Serial number: --------------------
Only shop number appears changed (??) Is it what you expected ?
Have I to check other setting for your knowledge ?
Best regards.
Philippe

Attachments

• Log-WV1ZZZ7HZHH102893-6850km_AfterVoiceRecognitionValidation-4256mi.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 12
WSC is a unique identifier for the workshop that carried out the programming
VCDS will by default apply the existing WSC when coding, ODIS (main dealer software) will by default apply their WSC when coding
Everything looks as I would expect it to ie no change to the long coding, is it functioning now ??

Hi All,

Just thought I would put this out there, I have a full original Ross-Tech VCDS diag kit so if anyone down south needs/wants anything doing, I'm more than happy to help.

Hi 8balladdict, is this offer still open? I have a VWDiscover Media that needs the fader option changed (changing 4 channel output to 6 channel output I think).
I’m in Surrey but could come up your way... Cheers, Rob

Hi All,

Hi I've literally picked up my t6 today and on the drive back to Swindon discovered it's speed restricted to 65mph. The company I bought it off said it can be removed by vagcom in a few seconds, I've no idea, is this something your able to do? The company has offered to pay for it, or I can take it to them to be done. Thanks

Hi I've literally picked up my t6 today and on the drive back to Swindon discovered it's speed restricted to 65mph. The company I bought it off said it can be removed by vagcom in a few seconds, I've no idea, is this something your able to do? The company has offered to pay for it, or I can take it to them to be done. Thanks

Hi there.

I was under the impression that VCDS could only apply a limit, or lower it but not increase or remove it. I very well might be wrong though and if so there more than happy to help.

Reactions: mmi
You can easily remove it with VCDS.
See below.

Back