T6.1 secondary heating system in Kombi, anyone have it?

Radorik

I'm looking at ordering a new T6.1 Kombi. My old T6 Kombi had the option below which had hot air coming out in front of the offside rear arch, and cold air (not sure it was air conditioned separately) coming out of vents in the roof (two rows of 3).

1596285433730.png

Apparently that option isn't as it was now, it was really good for the rear passengers on long journeys.

Does anyone have the new T6.1 option of secondary heating in the passenger area? I wanted to know whether it has the roof vents, and if not where the air comes out and where the controls are. Also with cooling, as it doesn't mention air-con, would it work by recirculating cold air from the front, and not only just pulling in from outside which could potentially be pretty hot.

Cheers.

Hi ... may not help but this option is available.....

Electronically controlled front air conditioning system and second heating system in passenger compartment.

but always check with dealer as to what it actually means :thumbsup:

Sorry yes, I couldn't find that in the options list but the dealer said there was something but I couldn't have it now with a bench seat in the front. I need the 6 seats, it used to work with that as I have it currently (6 seats in total). The dealer wasn't sure how the new secondary heating options works, may have to ask VW direct for some info.

Ah ok, I was looking at the downloadable brochure, couldn't see that. Any idea why I can't have that with the double bench anymore?

Ah ok, I was looking at the downloadable brochure, couldn't see that. Any idea why I can't have that with the double bench anymore?
Hi... as with lots of dealers ...they don’t know their products...if I read it right the extra vents are in the C pillar so should Not effect any seating...but we all know how odd VW are...just make sure you nail them down and get what you want in writing

They don’t do rear air con with Roof vents for the T6.1. Stopped it midlife T6. I have the expensive heater option in my T6.1. I have customer vehicles with the rear heater option by the wheel arch. This is hot air or non air conditioned air only.

Yes I think the dealers struggle with all the options and combinations, think I start to wind them up asking but this is potentially my second new van and want a spec that I can live with for a while.

What's the expensive heater option like, does that allow aircon in the back when driving? Take it there are separate controls for the diesel heater when parked up?

With the rear heater option only, if you put the front heating to aircon mode and recirculate, does it pump the cold air from inside into the back?

There is no option for air con in the rear now I’m afraid.
The programmable heater feeds from the front and means you can pre warm the van via remote or programme.
The one in the back is heat and air only but very good value, but only when the van is running.
Why not send me your spec. We are competitive on prices and know these vans inside out, options wise.

Thanks for all the info BognorMotors. I was tempted by the expensive heating but I don't believe it will go with the double front bench seat and storage? Makes me feel a bit better though that either way aircon in the rear is now not an option so I'm not really missing out. Seems they are going backwards though.

The heater comes out the drivers a pillar, so I don’t believe it will interfere with the double front seat.
That’s VW for you - they dropped sunroof in the T6.1 and I’m really missing it already :-(

Hi sorry to hijack this thread but i had a similar question - The £306 option above... what does that have in terms of vents? how many vents and does it have that box trim over the wheel arch? I thought that was the £3k option

That’s the rear heater - only works when the engine is running - 1 vent in front of the rear arch O/S.
The programmable heater is the £3k option - no vents on the rear arch, just A-pillar.

Thank you Bognor Motors, but i am now totally confused - So that contraption on the one side of the rear wheel arch is the £300 option on a brand new factory T6.1? Why are Alan Day suggesting that there is only ventes in the c Pillar ? and no other trim/vents on the rear wheel arch? What you have stated is the opposite... i am so confused1600377742226.png

The picture above is the old rear air con option no longer available for a UK kombi, with the piping coming out of the top, to feed the ceiling vents
Be great if they reintroduced the rear air con for a kombi again.
The big lower trim is what still comes with the cheap rear heater, still available. The vertical rear vent is the intake. The horizontal vent at the front of the trim is where the air comes out of.

Thank You Bognor motors but the factory options brochure says the opposite? ??Supplementary heating outlined in red comes out of the C pillar?
I am looking to get this option but i don't want this ugly trim on one side taking up space and denying me an option for a 3rd row of seats, also carpeting over that would become a nightmare? would you have an image of the supplementary heating option with the vents ?
1600378607858.png

See my other post. The brochure gets very confusing. This is venting from the C-pillar essentially. We carpet them all the time.
Best to call me.

Back