Hi,

You sound like yo know your lights. I have fitted a T6 tailgate to my 2005 Caravelle/Shuttle. I need to at least put T6 (or T6.1) lamps on the back. Do you know the Part Numbers for these? I am thinking they are 7E5945095C /096C. Did you get them from VW or TPS? Sorry to sound so needy but they do look cool and I probably can't afford them.
Hi,

currently my Etka isn’t working so I can’t get the part number for you but I would have thought it was somewhere on the forum already.
Yes I got the from TPS, incandescent ones aren’t too expensive, led ones are quite a bit more tho

Hi all,

Has anyone figured out how to disable the bulb out warning lamp caused by the lower wattage brake bulbs?

Any way with VAGCOM, rather than fitting in-line resistors?

Cheers

Hi all,

Has anyone figured out how to disable the bulb out warning lamp caused by the lower wattage brake bulbs?

Any way with VAGCOM, rather than fitting in-line resistors?

Cheers
Fit a resistor to the lamp.
IMG_0491.jpeg

Hi guys I jumped the gun and bought this adaptor which was meant to be a plug and play. Didn't work.

Haven't reppined anything yet.

tempImage8HpLXz.jpgtempImageAfSda9.jpgtempImageQJbsG3.jpg

Turns out the adaptor was useless and didn't need it. Took the plugs from the end of it and re-pinned as you guys have and it all works.

Now just need to re-code the bulb out light and fit resistors.

Did my rear upgrade this weekend (again thanks to the info in the forum). As it seems the pin colours can vary somewhat depending on what you are going from to (standard bulb to LED or LED to LED or tailgate vs barn doors etc etc) I thought I’d share my pin transfer in case it is of any use to anyone.

My starting position was non LED going to 6.1 LED on a MY19 tailgate van so may vary for other models.

Top diagram is the 6.1 LED circuit and bottom is the transposition (I ran additional 2 core so now have fog and reverse on both sides and impressed with how bright they are).

View attachment 92017
Nice job, just about to do the same, was yours a t6 original and did you use resistors?
Did you buy all the leads, plugs, resistors in a kit or individually??

Nice job, just about to do the same, was yours a t6 original and did you use resistors?
Did you buy all the leads, plugs, resistors in a kit or individually??
hi, yep it was t6.0 original lights. I did use resistors, the same as Loz has pictured above. I bought them from RS components.

hi, yep it was t6.0 original lights. I did use resistors, the same as Loz has pictured above. I bought them from RS components.
Nice one.
Did you run a twin core cable between the two to get both reverse lights working etc? If so what size cable?

Does any body have a link to which pin out tool I need to swap the plugs out please guys?? I've googled it but loads of different things come up… thanks

Hi Loz, did you mount the resistors with double sided tape?? Any issues with the heat???
What pin out tool do i need??
Which way did you route the two core between the units to get double dogs etc?
Thanks
Yes ds tape, no issue with heat as the metal case is large and it doesn't get hot as the indicator only flashes and not for that long.
green/black and brown on the RHS, white/black and brown on the LHS (see attached)
I didn't need to run a wire across, both sides were wired.

Attachments

• Circuit_Diagrams_Rear_Lights_T6F.pdf
    167.5 KB · Views: 32
Yes ds tape, no issue with heat as the metal case is large and it doesn't get hot as the indicator only flashes and not for that long.
green/black and brown on the RHS, white/black and brown on the LHS (see attached)
I didn't need to run a wire across, both sides were wired.
Thanks Loz, soldered the resistors and heat shrink? Also which pin out tools do I need?
There’s loads of different types…

Thanks Loz, soldered the resistors and heat shrink? Also which pin out tools do I need?
There’s loads of different types…
Mine were plug and play as my previous lights were led.
There is a post showing the pin changes somewhere.

Just retrofitted the T6.1 LEDs onto my 2020 T6.1.
The information in this tread was invaluable! So thankyou all! It was a bit confusing at points as my wire colors seem to differ from other people's, but I'm putting it down to T6/T6.1 differences. Managed to work it all out and get them working! Which is a bonus.

The indicators seem to be working fine with no issues, although i do have an error for the rear side lights. Do I need a resistor of some sort to sort this out?

I've also got an issue with my brake lights coming on with my side lights. Any ideas?

This is my wiring diagram20220731_154050.jpg

Any help much appreciated

Back