New T6.1 owner - daily driver

DanHow

Hi all, New to the forum and new to van ownership. I've recently purchased a previously converted T6.1 as a daily driver and have a couple of questions/ issues to iron out before heading off on the road.

IMG_5971.jpg

1. Previous owner fitted Bilstein B14 coilovers with 20" Riviera alloy wheels and H & R anti-roll bars. I love the look of this but i'm having major issues with ride comfort (very stiff and crashy over potholes) and with the rear tyres (275/35zR20 102W) deflating on a weekly basis (down to 5-10psi from 38psi) even after replacing for new. I'm not sure if its a weight issue (converted to 6 seater with caravelle rear bench and 4 x captain chairs), suspension issue or tyre issue, or all of the above?

2. Any recommendations for a comfy mattress that can be used with the caravelle bench seat setup that doesn't take up too much space when not in use?

3. Looking to purchase the Alpine Halo 9" head unit, are there any fitting centres in the North East?

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting, please point me in the right direction if not and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all
Dan

Hi Dan!
Welcome to the forum.
I’m sure someone will be along soon to answer your questions.

@DanHow did the tyre fitters grind any corrosion from inside the rim before fitting the new tyres?
My car was doing the same thing and it was leaking round the rim. Had the tyre removed and rim cleaned up yesterday. Time will tell if this fixes it.

Hi all, New to the forum and new to van ownership. I've recently purchased a previously converted T6.1 as a daily driver and have a couple of questions/ issues to iron out before heading off on the road.

View attachment 192061

1. Previous owner fitted Bilstein B14 coilovers with 20" Riviera alloy wheels and H & R anti-roll bars. I love the look of this but i'm having major issues with ride comfort (very stiff and crashy over potholes) and with the rear tyres (275/35zR20 102W) deflating on a weekly basis (down to 5-10psi from 38psi) even after replacing for new. I'm not sure if its a weight issue (converted to 6 seater with caravelle rear bench and 4 x captain chairs), suspension issue or tyre issue, or all of the above?

2. Any recommendations for a comfy mattress that can be used with the caravelle bench seat setup that doesn't take up too much space when not in use?

3. Looking to purchase the Alpine Halo 9" head unit, are there any fitting centres in the North East?

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting, please point me in the right direction if not and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all
Dan
Hi Dan

Give us a call who ever spec'ed that van seems to be a bit desperate for " a look " and not a practical solution . Our suggestions will can get the ride loads better . 07469785932

Back