Twin adjust Projekt MAX LOW coilovers T26-T30 50-90mm (Eibach / Koni Kit) fitted.

Oli

Will be good to hear your option on them
Please post your views
Andy

Oli

Will be good to hear your option on them
Please post your views
Andy
Early days but I'm impressed so far. Koni dampers with Eibach springs so good quality. The ride is good. Its comfortable and feels much better than the standard suspension. I wasn't expecting it to feel as good wound all the way down. Still on standard wheels so it will feel different with lower profile tyres but so far so good.

Yes all fitted, and lowered to the max. Running a 255/35/20 tyre.
As expected very smooth, compliant and no crashing on the very brief road test we carried out.
I would have no hesitation in recommending these if this is the height you want to go to
2BB79E8B-1574-4FE2-9E16-3AAF4CAB3F3E.jpeg

Well, thanks to everyone for opinions, and information on suspension over the past few months.

In the end, I got a cracking offer from Travelinlite for the ones I decided on, which was Projekt Lows, Koni / Eibach. Ended up with meyle hd top mounts, drop links, bump stops, dust covers and the suspension for £1325, as a customer ordered the wrong coils and it was open box with a couple of scratches, so but if discount then I ordered the rest at full price.

I fitted it all last night after work while it was dry out, and as far as suspension goes, it was probably one of the easiest I’ve done, no doubt due to it being a t32. It took approx 1.5hrs front (including wrestling with the bottom drop link bolts) and about 2hrs on the back, but that was mostly due to having to mess about repositioning axle stands and jacks several times, and me losing the rubber gaskets for the adjusters and a couple of bolts on the driveway in the dark!

Anyhow, I started at the bottom, because why not? I didn’t expect it to work, I’ve got 275 35 20’s and the front tyres were ‘almost’ flush with the arch. But when I had the wheels off, I pushed the arch liner up, then heated up the arch, rubber hammered the tab up and about 6” in that area at the top which made some more room.

A few pics attached I’ve yet to get an alignment, but it drives well. Much less roll, much more planted feel (no bouncing and crashing / bobbing around on country lanes) and speed bumps etc are much more easily soaked up (rather than thudding and bouncing over them).

So far I’m impressed. Were they everything I expected? Honestly, no. But then I had no bench mark at all. It does definitely handle more like a car, and I no longer feel like I am taking my life in my hands doing 60 on a rough windy B road. In fact I went into a bend at 80 last night that I would normally poop my pants at 60 without realising and instead of my concern being stability, it was whether the tyres were up to it!

At full price, including getting someone to fit, I’d have been looking at £1800 plus an alignment (£1900 at some retailers as they charge another £100 for the kit). Right now it owes me £1320 and a few cuts / bruises, but when I do something myself I replace bolts, clean the suspension arms, check all the bushes, clear out / van the bulkhead, clean up lots of other stuff which most garages just wouldn’t do.

So with all that do I think it is worth it? I think at £1300 yes, but, I wouldn’t be paying close to 2k for it. I don’t have any experience of cheaper coils like the £300-£600 ones, but I imagine they would be poorly damped and crashy / bouncy in comparison. I’ve had a lot of cars and a lot of suspension set ups and to me, this ‘feels’ 100% on par with suspension on a premium sports GT, like my old AMG merc, and probably even a little better than the almost identical koni setup on our abarths (with koni red activ shockers) but thats mostly due to the rear beam setup bouncing you over stuff!). To my ttrs setup, its perhaps 70% of the same feel, but of course no comparison in terms of the chassis and grip levels.

But I can’t help feel that maybe, if you don’t want the lows, that a nice quality set of springs, and replacement shocks would be cheaper and give the same result in terms of performance, so way more bang for your buck.

For me, I wanted more of a drop too, so had to pay the price for coils.

Overall it looked like a well built quality setup, and whilst it does ‘transform’ the van into a more sports car like ride, and make it way safer and quicker point to point, I just don’t think it’s worth normally paying almost 2k for.

Cheers.

8B5A75CD-4C89-428F-9FF6-0D35A5B9AB7B.jpeg

2FFFF189-9843-4B7E-96BC-ACAB9ADBC872.jpeg

D63DE124-1970-4237-B311-C1791C8F01C5.jpeg

98D5F40E-732A-4EE9-BE7E-331C09D711AF.jpeg

464239B3-D412-4E20-816C-7D555057DABC.jpeg

972C0010-40A6-4386-83E9-FD7DE56933F6.jpeg

Oh, I am waiting to rip the splitter off I fitted last year when I go into a car park lol. My TT splitter is 12-13cm from the floor, and that has had some poopy pants moments with attacking stuff sideways on with a spotter outside the car on some rallies, and the van front is 11cm from the ground /eeeek.

The front end is shorter on the van though, so ‘maybe’ it’ll be OK, but it may end up in the removal of the splitter, we will see!

Well, thanks to everyone for opinions, and information on suspension over the past few months.

In the end, I got a cracking offer from Travelinlite for the ones I decided on, which was Projekt Lows, Koni / Eibach. Ended up with meyle hd top mounts, drop links, bump stops, dust covers and the suspension for £1325, as a customer ordered the wrong coils and it was open box with a couple of scratches, so but if discount then I ordered the rest at full price.

I fitted it all last night after work while it was dry out, and as far as suspension goes, it was probably one of the easiest I’ve done, no doubt due to it being a t32. It took approx 1.5hrs front (including wrestling with the bottom drop link bolts) and about 2hrs on the back, but that was mostly due to having to mess about repositioning axle stands and jacks several times, and me losing the rubber gaskets for the adjusters and a couple of bolts on the driveway in the dark!

Anyhow, I started at the bottom, because why not? I didn’t expect it to work, I’ve got 275 35 20’s and the front tyres were ‘almost’ flush with the arch. But when I had the wheels off, I pushed the arch liner up, then heated up the arch, rubber hammered the tab up and about 6” in that area at the top which made some more room.

A few pics attached I’ve yet to get an alignment, but it drives well. Much less roll, much more planted feel (no bouncing and crashing / bobbing around on country lanes) and speed bumps etc are much more easily soaked up (rather than thudding and bouncing over them).

So far I’m impressed. Were they everything I expected? Honestly, no. But then I had no bench mark at all. It does definitely handle more like a car, and I no longer feel like I am taking my life in my hands doing 60 on a rough windy B road. In fact I went into a bend at 80 last night that I would normally poop my pants at 60 without realising and instead of my concern being stability, it was whether the tyres were up to it!

At full price, including getting someone to fit, I’d have been looking at £1800 plus an alignment (£1900 at some retailers as they charge another £100 for the kit). Right now it owes me £1320 and a few cuts / bruises, but when I do something myself I replace bolts, clean the suspension arms, check all the bushes, clear out / van the bulkhead, clean up lots of other stuff which most garages just wouldn’t do.

So with all that do I think it is worth it? I think at £1300 yes, but, I wouldn’t be paying close to 2k for it. I don’t have any experience of cheaper coils like the £300-£600 ones, but I imagine they would be poorly damped and crashy / bouncy in comparison. I’ve had a lot of cars and a lot of suspension set ups and to me, this ‘feels’ 100% on par with suspension on a premium sports GT, like my old AMG merc, and probably even a little better than the almost identical koni setup on our abarths (with koni red activ shockers) but thats mostly due to the rear beam setup bouncing you over stuff!). To my ttrs setup, its perhaps 70% of the same feel, but of course no comparison in terms of the chassis and grip levels.

But I can’t help feel that maybe, if you don’t want the lows, that a nice quality set of springs, and replacement shocks would be cheaper and give the same result in terms of performance, so way more bang for your buck.

For me, I wanted more of a drop too, so had to pay the price for coils.

Overall it looked like a well built quality setup, and whilst it does ‘transform’ the van into a more sports car like ride, and make it way safer and quicker point to point, I just don’t think it’s worth normally paying almost 2k for.

Cheers.

View attachment 188854

View attachment 188855

View attachment 188856

View attachment 188857

View attachment 188858

View attachment 188859
Those kits are from the B14 stable and they all suffer with the same problem. The shocks are too long for the drops they can do , and the arb brackets are in the wrong place. The H and R kit is streets ahead in performance and engineering , same money which seems to make a mockery of them in reality.

Its interesting you say that, as the first thing I did to the shocks were good when received is I tested the travel of the shocks and damping before fitting and they have loads of travel left after fitting and although I can’t measure it by hand, they seemed to exert equal pressure all the way down when I was playing around compressing them with no funny noises. The shocks aren’t anywhere near their maximum travel at 90mm and aren’t bottoming out, as they can take way bigger hits and dips perfectly smooth, the front’s have never hit the bump stops, its just the smaller fast bumps, which I believe to be the collars on the back. I probably make it sound worse than it is, as it doesn’t rattle etc like others report on other kits, and I have no issues with drop links or ARB on the front, it is just a certain type of small, harsh bump at speed (like a very small raised 1” traffic calming bump at say 20 mph, or a 1” sunken drain / pot hole at speed). My load rated ditch finders with solid low profile sidewalls probably do not help either. But big fat speed bumps, sleeping policemen, dips and bumps in the road are perfect.

At its highest its a 50mm drop, so you would like to think 40mm down should be within spec?

I’m not disputing H&R may be be a superior product, but, I also PM’d and spoke to quite a few H&R owners who hate them, and say they are way too harsh, borderline solid, and there are also threads on here of people removing, but of course, suspension is subjective, one persons harsh could be one persons cloud! We are used to sports suspension, as we haven’t had a car without it :) I also wanted to be at least 90mm down to take out the arch gap, and solows are too low, so this was in the sweet spot in the end. STX and H&R didn’t give the drop I wanted.

I’ve got a lot more miles and time in the seat with them now, and overall in terms of performance they are very good, much reduced roll, increased comfort, much more planted, increased grip and handling, with the Revo stg1 its actually a pretty quick point to point vehicle now, especially for a 2ton box, but I came to realise I am now driving more like a hot hatch than a van (less roll and more stable so now faster around corners) and the stock seats are absolute trash, so next upgrade will be a set of recaro’s so I don’t need to hang on the wheel or hold the passenger seat and they actually hold me in.

I’m still happy with overall performance, but I do need to sort that occasional bang on the van floor at the back as I bloody hate noises!

Its interesting you say that, as the first thing I did to the shocks were good when received is I tested the travel of the shocks and damping before fitting and they have loads of travel left after fitting and although I can’t measure it by hand, they seemed to exert equal pressure all the way down when I was playing around compressing them with no funny noises. The shocks aren’t anywhere near their maximum travel at 90mm and aren’t bottoming out, as they can take way bigger hits and dips perfectly smooth, the front’s have never hit the bump stops, its just the smaller fast bumps, which I believe to be the collars on the back. I probably make it sound worse than it is, as it doesn’t rattle etc like others report on other kits, and I have no issues with drop links or ARB on the front, it is just a certain type of small, harsh bump at speed (like a very small raised 1” traffic calming bump at say 20 mph, or a 1” sunken drain / pot hole at speed). My load rated ditch finders with solid low profile sidewalls probably do not help either. But big fat speed bumps, sleeping policemen, dips and bumps in the road are perfect.

At its highest its a 50mm drop, so you would like to think 40mm down should be within spec?

I’m not disputing H&R may be be a superior product, but, I also PM’d and spoke to quite a few H&R owners who hate them, and say they are way too harsh, borderline solid, and there are also threads on here of people removing, but of course, suspension is subjective, one persons harsh could be one persons cloud! We are used to sports suspension, as we haven’t had a car without it :) I also wanted to be at least 90mm down to take out the arch gap, and solows are too low, so this was in the sweet spot in the end. STX and H&R didn’t give the drop I wanted.

I’ve got a lot more miles and time in the seat with them now, and overall in terms of performance they are very good, much reduced roll, increased comfort, much more planted, increased grip and handling, with the Revo stg1 its actually a pretty quick point to point vehicle now, especially for a 2ton box, but I came to realise I am now driving more like a hot hatch than a van (less roll and more stable so now faster around corners) and the stock seats are absolute trash, so next upgrade will be a set of recaro’s so I don’t need to hang on the wheel or hold the passenger seat and they actually hold me in.

I’m still happy with overall performance, but I do need to sort that occasional bang on the van floor at the back as I bloody hate noises!
Just hope it lasts for you. I had Koni special activ fitted around six months ago and all rattles in the back just stopped instantly.
Now those rattles seem to be coming back one by one. Is it the shocks, the springs (which were just the OE springs - I’m happy with original ride height) or something else? Front bushes were all done a year ago with Powerflex and I only do 6k a year in the thing so hopefully not them already.
Making me think OE set up is better than all this aftermarket stuff and we’re being sucked in, emperors new clothes style!

I’ve had issues with Koni FSD’s on other cars, the valves rattle on reds and golds, But have had success with activs. No problems with them on three of our other cars.

Looks great fella - I wish I had a T32 when I did the suspension on my van - soooo much easier than the T26/28/30.

Looks great fella - I wish I had a T32 when I did the suspension on my van - soooo much easier than the T26/28/30.
Thanks!

Yeh it was nice to work on, T32 is so nice just unbolt, drop it out and bolt the new one in, no need to mess around with arms or the hub or compressing springs etc. My merc was awful, but I changed suspension so many times got it down to about 45 mins a corner. To get the strut out, you had to remove the top arm, but the top arm ball joint couldn’t be accessed without removing the bottom arm. So it was detach ARB, then faff about getting both arms off and also compress the spring under the arch as it was it was too high up and too long to remove.

The only thing that slowed me down were the drop links, I was tempted to cut it off, but then it just came free after a bit of a fight!

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a set of Twin-Adjust-Projekt Max Low Coilovers from Transporter HQ. Has anyone fitted these as I am looking for some feedback before parting with my cash?

Thanks in advance

Greg

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a set of Twin-Adjust-Projekt Max Low Coilovers from Transporter HQ. Has anyone fitted these as I am looking for some feedback before parting with my cash?

Thanks in advance

Greg
I’m very happy with mine. Very comfortable even with 20s and low profiles. Only downside is I hoped the front would sit slightly lower. I should maybe have went for solows

8D5C6F9F-D57C-4705-AE24-AC726426325A.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance

Greg
I would seriously chat to us before spending money . we have seen some train crashes with this type of thing . The type of drops they talk about here can cause lots of issues you need to be aware of
SH

Back