New sliding windows rubber coming away.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
So the van went into VW Wrexham on Monday to have both sliding windows changed along with a 20k service. Customer service was good although loan vehicle was filthy inside and out, covered in dog hairs and empty water bottles but it was free so shouldn't really complain.
Anyway, went out for a run it her today and the plastic strip on the back of the window started to come away. Checked other side and thats also loose.

Thought I would mention it as I know a lot of people on here are having the same works done.

Also @andythom188 I thought you might want to check yours pal as I recall you are also having this work done in Wrexham.

Can't be bothered with the 30 mile round trip to take it back so can anyone recommend the best type of glue to use to stick plastic to glass?

fullsizeoutput_15a1.jpeg fullsizeoutput_15a3.jpeg

I have not called them back yet as busy with work but was spose to of had my window replaced on the 8th january, will havd to book it in soon

My van (ex demo) came without either of the glass trims, I understand they protect the edge but never bothered replacing them

My kombi had none on it when it came from the factory , so i was supplied with a set FOC, which i fitted myself with a little seam of fix all crystal clear, as they always come off with the standard adhesive strip. They just add some protection to the edge of the toughened glass as paul says.

just been out and checked mine as they've just been replaced. Mine have been fitted......but they've just been pushed on! I never thought to check.....so they WILL come off at some point! What's this stuff you used @StudleyGlass ? B*ggar me....they could've stuck 'em on FFS!
My kombi had none on it when it came from the factory , so i was supplied with a set FOC, which i fitted myself with a little seam of fix all crystal clear, as they always come off with the standard adhesive strip. They just add some protection to the edge of the toughened glass as paul says.

Thanks @StudleyGlass I'll pick up a tube tomorrow on my travels.

@StudleyGlass .....just found it mate.....I should've done my research first!:thumbsup: We shouldn't have to though, should we? Interestingly, one side was a lot tighter fit than the other????

Mine were hanging off a week after I had it from new, pushed it back on and have never come loose again after 31k miles.

Back