New Recall: sliding-door seals

Well I tried vw customer service they said there was no re call for mine, I don’t have the power tailgate! What makes me laugh is there’s obviously a problem with the tailgate seals but VW don’t give a toss that they’re leaking in unless you have the motor for the power tailgate.
@Pauly is there anyway you can find out if they’ve updated the tailgate seals? It would be easier for me just to buy one than feck about taking mine back again!

Part 15 is the seal and the one highlighted on the right is the one that shows as factory fitted to your vehicle/VIN number

7E0 829 193 R is the part number upto 22/01/18 which was then replaced with the other part number ending AD
Its worth noting though that it is not a superseded part and both are still available to order ??

Capture.PNG

Part 15 is the seal and the one highlighted on the right is the one that shows as factory fitted to your vehicle/VIN number

7E0 829 193 R is the part number upto 22/01/18 which was then replaced with the other part number ending AD
Its worth noting though that it is not a superseded part and both are still available to order ??

View attachment 48281
Thanks @Pauly mine was replaced in February so I’d say I’ve got the new part number I think.

Is the electric tailgate just the electric latching part or is there a verson that electrically opens and closes?

I have an electric latch and have noticed water on the inside of the rear screen when driving in heavy rain (I assume it's on the inside as the wiper doesn't clear it).

Received the recall from Danish distributor today.
Shall spare you a scan of the danish letter. :)

In that letter it speaks of the problem being related to using a pressure washer on the right sliding door with possible leaking into controlunits located in there.
Strangely it does not mention the tailgate.
Besides talking about the sliding door instead of the tailgate the issues is identical to the ones mentioned earlier in this thread as well as the risk of fire.
Alert number is also identical: 58D7

Will talk to my dealer and see how come it being sliding door without mention of the tailgate.

Updated:
OK read the online bulletin once more and perhaps I misread it somewhat first time.
Reading it now I can get the leaking to be thru the electrical sliding door but damaging the tailgate controls.

Let´s see.... ;)

Last edited:
Is the electric tailgate just the electric latching part or is there a verson that electrically opens and closes?

I have an electric latch and have noticed water on the inside of the rear screen when driving in heavy rain (I assume it's on the inside as the wiper doesn't clear it).
Mine opens and closes on the key

Back