New rear springs causing headlamp auto level problem.

moftyinmeysey

Hi everyone. Just had the rear springs replaced on our California after breakage in bid the a mot… and the headlamp level is constantly on high. Is a recalibration required or could it be something else. The springs are WV original for the this California and the rear isn’t any lower so I don’t believe it to be a wrong fitment.
Thanks in advance.

Faulty level sensor or the sensor has not been re connected to the suspension after fitting the springs

Reactions: JOG
Is there a sensor at the rear too? I can see the front one and it appears in good order but I’ve not checked it’s operation

Is there a sensor at the rear too? I can see the front one and it appears in good order but I’ve not checked it’s operation
Yes there is one on the rear too, I'm not sure which side.

Drivers side.

They Might have damaged it changing spring, or left it not connected.

As above

It looks like this....

Post a pic of yours if you can .

Screenshot_20221122_201621_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20221122_201636_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20221122_201639_eBay.jpg

You have to release the lower arm and let it fully drop to release tension on the spring, im guessing they have put pressure on the lower arm downwards when doing the spring and snapped the lever off
You have to replace the complete level sensor and a replacement is around £130-140 at a guess

Back