Are OEM swivels built in or can they be retrofitted?

slimsurf

VIP Member
Hi

I have a new T32 Kombi (new to me 2019) -- I have captions seats up front and have looked at all the forum entries regarding rotating bases etc. What I would like to know though is is it possible to fit the original Vw rotating base to my seats as a part (I have found one online) - or has anyone bought original vewrotating chairs online anywhere.

I know this adds a premium compared to say a kiravans or other swivel but like the idea of factory original and I guess I can sell on my captains seats

thanks

Firstly the OEM swivel is built into the seat. It can’t be swapped. What you could do is swap over all the cushions.
In my last van I had a single passenger seat without armrests and I wanted to add them plus a swivel so I sold that seat, bought an OEM swivel with armrests. The difference was only fractionally more than buying the armrests and an aftermarket swivel.
I got my seat from North West Transporter Parts.

Thanks that’s a great idea I’ll look into that - it’s a confusing area as i get the impression that the OEM swivel has its own issues on the drivers side so presume their is no perfect solution

Back