Jamielad83

T6 Pro
Firstly, can I thank each and every one of you that have taken the time to respond to my many PM’s. Your knowledge and information at the start of this journey has been greatly appreciated..… if not somewhat damaging to the wallet.

After many months of ups and downs I can finally say I'm a T6 (and first time Van) Owner.

I placed my order (what seems like a lifetime ago) 31st Oct 18. Unfortunately, when the Van arrived a few weeks into the New Year, it wasn't how I had spec'ed it. The only option I was given, was to submit another order and endure the 8-10 week lead time again. To give the VW dealer in question, their due, I wasn't without a courtesy Van for a day in the meantime.... having a brand new Caravelle for 90% of the time.

Fast forward to now and I couldn’t be happier. I went to view it as it landed on site last week, to confirm I was happy and it was straight into their paint shop for the grills (and a splitter I bought) to be painted gloss black.

Highline Kombi,
204ps DSG,
LED front & rear lights,
Comfort dash,
+ few others
1.jpg 3.jpg

During my long wait I collected many goodies, with the intention of hitting the ground running when it arrived. The focus on getting the outside looking a little less.... standard.

So, a couple of days later it was ready for collection. Paint and splitter stuck out like a sore thumb with nothing else done, so it was straight off to get the windows tinted and wind deflectors fitted.

4.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg

Just 2 days in and we're heading in the right direction.... But there's no getting away from the fact it needs lowering.

Day 5 was far more special that Day 1, if I'm honest. This was the day of the most dramatic changes of all.

Alex from @merseyspeed was able to squeeze me in, at short notice, to fit a couple of parts that had been on hold from when the 1st van arrived. He also did me the service of fitting my wheels too. A real gent and highly recommended!!

10.jpg 11.jpg

Bilstein B14s
H&R ARB's
20" Judd T311R (bronze) - 9" Front & 10.5" Rear

Lovely van, and I bet you’re well pleased.

As with all new vans, it’s probably something worth doing now - paint protection.
There’s another thread on here about paint protection film for the bonnet - we’ll worth a look considering you’re a Team Grey colour.

Enjoy.

Lovely van, and I bet you’re well pleased.

As with all new vans, it’s probably something worth doing now - paint protection.
There’s another thread on here about paint protection film for the bonnet - we’ll worth a look considering you’re a Team Grey colour.

Enjoy.

Words can not describe mate, it's felt like an eternity waiting.

Great idea about the paint protection film, honestly a thing I hadn't considered, thanks.

Another item for "the list"

Words can not describe mate, it's felt like an eternity waiting.

Great idea about the paint protection film, honestly a thing I hadn't considered, thanks.

Another item for "the list"
I learnt from @Tourershine that it’s something you can’t really apply to new paint, but to paint that’s a fair few weeks old - which is nigh on impossible for most van owners unless you apply it from new.

Last edited:
I learnt from @Tourershine that it’s something you can’t really apply to new paint, but to paint that’s a fair few weeks old - which is nigh on impossible for lost van owners unless you apply it from new.

It should be ok on a new T6 because the paint is already a few weeks old theoretically.
Its just fresh fresh paint you cannot cover with any kind of wrap, or bra etc The paint needs time to cure, and by this it needs to release certain chemicals as part of the curing process.

My van came with PPF but it looks like we were hit with a laser guided meteorite, right in the gap! :(

Screenshot 2019-04-19 at 18.25.01.png

Just received the van back from GT Performance Detail (York). Absolutley delighted with the results, Mark is a top bloke and can't recommend his work and attention to detail enough (excuse the pun lol)

Mild paint correction, Ceramic Coating & PPF fitted (thanks to @Ads_Essex for the recommendation on that)

14.jpg 18.jpg
19.jpg

Hope you dont mind me asking but what did you pay for ppf and what did you have done?.

When glossing the grills did you get the part around the fog lights done too? Can't tell from the pictures. Its the next thing for mine I think before it goes off for detailing and ceramic coating

When glossing the grills did you get the part around the fog lights done too? Can't tell from the pictures. Its the next thing for mine I think before it goes off for detailing and ceramic coating

I did mate, yes! Makes a real difference once all done.

Back