New member T5 Highline Camper questions

Redsman13

Hello all,

Purchased a VW T5 Highline Camper today and have a few questions:

- How easy is it the get USB ports fitted properly into the dash (there only seems to be a coax input in the glove box?
- Can anyone recommend a tried and tested bike rack (barn doors)?

Thanks all!

Welcome. When you say usb fitted in the dash - do you mean connected to a stereo - if so what stereo?
I bought a beautiful adapter off of eBay, will send you a link... its an exact molded plug for the VW t5 dash... and on the other end is a USB cable that plugged into the back of my stereo.

I had to remove the stereo in order to be able to plug it in. Its about a 20 minute job start to finish.
Let me know if you want any instructions or pointers...

Cheers

There’s really only one common bike rack for barn doors - the Fiamma 2 bike model. I used this for a while, then moved to a towbar one for the extra capacity.

Pete

There’s really only one common bike rack for barn doors - the Fiamma 2 bike model. I used this for a while, then moved to a towbar one for the extra capacity.

Pete
Thanks Pete, looks like my spoiler is going to cause a problem, may have to go down the tow bar route,
Cheers

Welcome. When you say usb fitted in the dash - do you mean connected to a stereo - if so what stereo?
I bought a beautiful adapter off of eBay, will send you a link... its an exact molded plug for the VW t5 dash... and on the other end is a USB cable that plugged into the back of my stereo.

I had to remove the stereo in order to be able to plug it in. Its about a 20 minute job start to finish.
Let me know if you want any instructions or pointers...

Cheers
Hi,
So I have the RNS-510 head unit. Do you have the link for the USB adapter you went with?
Cheers
Phil

Thanks Iestyn,

I take it the stereo has to come out and there is a USB port on the back of the unit (no need for adapter, etc)?

I cant even find the firmware version for the unit. Holding settings down doesnt work, just displays Radio FM and AM.

Indeed the stero does have to come out, which is from memory 2 screws to get the trim off (2 under the top tray) then 4 screws (2 per side) for the stereo... the stereo has a femal USB connection ready for their lead to slot into

Back