Hello from Belgium

Waitara

Hi, Waitara Adventures is the name of the small business I run in Belgium renting out Califonia's. Actualy, it is a hobby that got out of hand! Addicted to the the idea to have my own California, I bought my first camper with the aim to partly rent it out to make the investment lighter. But demand was so high that I hardly had it available for my own needs, if it wasn't only for my personel transport. But instead of buying a regular car for that, I invested in a second Cali. So to keep the story short, in the meantime I've got three. So certainly in the need of some peers that can help me sort out my problems I run into now and then. I'm confident that this forum will be helpful. Anyway, when in the need of a camper for your trip through Europe, discover me on www.waitara.be.

Hi, finally i found a good forum about VW T6. I live in Belgium and i bought a VW multivan T6 2l, 150ps from 2015. I have bought her 3 weeks ago and i allready have been on a holliday with her to spain...love the multivan. So i arrived to your forum when i was looking on the internet for finding the location of the oilfilter.
so you allready helpt me, thx. grtz Freekoby

Hi i am Tom from belgium.
and this is my first T6.

its a 2017 lwb 150ps manual gearbox.
so far i fitted the vanx dash and black inserts, tinted the rear windows,
and worked on the sound upgrades,
so i bought an hi lo convertor lc2i,
installed my helix b one amp and made a enclosure for my es 300 hertz subwoofer.
this caravelle has a bulkhead so the rear speakers were playing in the trunk.
so i bought some jbl speakers and put them under the rear bench with the amp and sub.

the sound is great and i dont need to upgrade the front speakers.
in the future i think i going to replace the head unit for a kenwood or alpine.

but first i want to fit a decent set of wheels and lowering.
because this vw is registered as a light freight the belgium mot does not approve lowering.
so perhaps just some eibach springs ?
also wanna upgrade the alarm system and retro fit a rear camera.

meanwhile i am very happy with this ride.

its nice to see such a big comunity in the uk.
we visited vanfest/busfest a couple of years ago and had a great time.

InkedIMG_20190826_204057_LI.jpg InkedIMG_20190923_194934_LI.jpg IMG_20190923_195037.jpg IMG_20190923_195105.jpg IMG_20190923_195025.jpg IMG_20190923_195515.jpg IMG_20190902_210543.jpg

Belgium doesn’t allowing lowering - I guess they understand that’s what estate cars are for!! Controversial ha

Can you buy a bus with air suspension in Belgium?
That splitty above looks a tad low too!

Out of pure interest @low_on_wheels You mention that lowering a vehicle in Belgium is not aloud or a Grey area, but how do they monitor this?
If for instance you fit a set of adjustable coilovers, and set the vehicle so it's low-ish, but not slammed on the floor, and you're using a good quality set up, with matching springs etc. How do the authorities police this? You mention MOT, but surely if on a test, everything is working and there are no leaks or broken springs, what can they actually fail the vehicle on? Ride height? surely not, because that can vary depending on what your vehicle is carrying, or what it's used for. Visual arch gap? That can be different depending on what wheels you have fitted. The fact that the shocks and springs are not VW? I would of thought that's impossible to uphold also, simply because anyone can replace a worn shock or broken spring, and not use a genuine one.

I understand if the vehicle is slammed on the floor, or had it's springs chopped etc etc, but cannot see how the Belgium authorities can frown upon a vehicle that has been lowered slightly, using good quality parts, and done in a sensible way.
I'd even argue that a good set-up lowered Transporter is actually safer on the road than an untouched wallowing default setting for all scenarios out the factory Transporter.

Back