New leather steering wheel cover - I’m a roofer not a sewer go easy guys

Where did you get the cover from and how long did it take to fit?
I will get you the link mate it’s from Ali exspress it was 40 plus 10 postage.
which I think is cheep as it’s really well stitched and feels soo nice.
you can also get different leathers or colorised stitching few options
Any ways it took me a bout 4 hours once ya get the knack and get into it alright.

I will get you the link mate it’s from Ali exspress it was 40 plus 10 postage.
which I think is cheep as it’s really well stitched and feels soo nice.
you can also get different leathers or colorised stitching few options
Any ways it took me a bout 4 hours once ya get the knack and get into it alright.

£32.30 8% Off | Braid on Steering Wheel Cover for Volkswagen VW Golf 7 Mk7 New Polo Jetta Passat B8 Tiguan Sharan Touran with original leather

£32.30 8% Off | Braid on Steering Wheel Cover for Volkswagen VW Golf 7 Mk7 New Polo Jetta Passat B8 Tiguan Sharan Touran with original leather

I've actually got one hear which i ordered but wasn’t the one I needed hahahahaha
I think this one is for a t5 will take pic later if any one wants it

You’ve got me thinking now!!! Did you fit yours over old original leather, or remove old leather and start from scratch??

You’ve got me thinking now!!! Did you fit yours over old original leather, or remove old leather and start from scratch??

no mate the Seller is really helpful he can make it so as it goes over the old leather it feels a lot nicer being that little bit thicker. They’re to order as you can choose your stitch colours n which leather os swade you want. If your steering wheel is a bit ropey. DO IT

Looks a really good and neat job. How did you tuck in the bits which go behind the black plastic where the buttons are on the steering wheel?
That’s the trickiest bit tbh ya get this little plastic tool and you have to pop the plastic of a little bit and push the leather Behind the plastic. This bit took me about an hour to do but if ya talk ya time it shows in the finshed quality of it

Thread resurrection - did you remove the steering wheel to do this or just fit in situ? Any other tips/ advice, I’ve roped my wife into doing the stitching, she’s sewn up plenty of animals over the years.

I’ve got the kit waiting to fit.

cheers

Is this link for a flat bottom steering wheel cover? I've got the exact same wheel as yours @Workper and so far i've ordered 3 of these things from different sellers and the are all suited to a flat bottomed wheel rather than a full round one - there's not enough leather to tuck in at the front and back at the bottom of the wheel on the ones i've ordered. proper frustrating me that i cant seem to find one and then saw this link to yours..... don't wanna waste the money if its gonna be another flat bottomed variant...... Hoping you can help guide me.... cheers

I got a cheap one off ebay for my shuttle. Its one that sews over the existing plastic wheel and is pretty good for 23 quid and 2 hours stitching!

Attachments

• 20210422_190549.jpg
    20210422_190549.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210422_190952.jpg
    20210422_190952.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210422_191137.jpg
    20210422_191137.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210422_213059.jpg
    20210422_213059.jpg