150PS engine installed in 102PS van

How-to:

VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->

upload_2020-1-19_11-0-50.png
Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go

VCDS Flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and there will be files adpmap-01-... and blockmap-01-... in directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

Just strip off last 5 digits of the VIN (if so desired) in file name an upload the files here.
EDIT: Just realized - the VIN in the blockmap - first line of data!
-----------------------------

For the comparison - I have just used Excel, just copy column 3 from the suspect and paste to "original", however as there might be some missing/additional "channels" because of different ECU software - need to keep eye on the alignment.

Anyways, I'm more than happy (and curious :geek:) to do that here "online" :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ok I'll do mine in the interest of science and engineering, different engine yes. But still worth the logging...

I'll edit here when done.
Could you please post also the 01-Engine and 02-Transmission sections of the Auto-Scan, as yours is almost the same as mine (except 4Motion) . Curious about the software revisions :geek: - in the name of science.

Just realized - the VIN in the blockmap - first line of data!

If you swap engine control unit, you will have to pair it with your instrument cluster(immobiliser is integrated part of it).
And if you swap IC as well you will have to sort out component protection.
I don't think this is right direction for you to fix your problem.
Again, I would concentrate on proper diagnosis.
You have to get VCDS and do it the right way :).
Robert, yes it sounds like that might be the route, however this is beyond me and I would have no idea what I was looking at. Are there companies you are aware of that offer that service and can carry out fault diagnosis / have an idea of what the settings should be.

Have you checked to make sure the fuel return pipe is not damaged / pinched or even blocked. (Possible when fitting engine) Fuel pressure should be around 300 bar at idle when running pressure will range from 1200 - 2000 bar.
Chris, no, but I will ask / double check with the mechanic.

Good evening all, firstly I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to make suggestions on how to solve the engine issue I had.

Anyway I think an update is always important so others may have an opportunity to learn (from my mistakes). The high fuel pressure problem was solved by replacing the fuel sensor / valve (fixed to the fuel pump) with the old one from my previous engine. The one from the new engine was allowing / pumping to much fuel to the rail - causing the fault. (The pressure sensor, fuel rail and regulator were all changed prior to this with no change). So the van now has no lights and is running fine. Thank you all.

Good evening all, firstly I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to make suggestions on how to solve the engine issue I had.

Anyway I think an update is always important so others may have an opportunity to learn (from my mistakes). The high fuel pressure problem was solved by replacing the fuel sensor / valve (fixed to the fuel pump) with the old one from my previous engine. The one from the new engine was allowing / pumping to much fuel to the rail - causing the fault. (The pressure sensor, fuel rail and regulator were all changed prior to this with no change). So the van now has no lights and is running fine. Thank you all.
Good luck with your new engine :thumbsup:

Reactions: mmi
Long, story short I’ve had to replace the engine in my T6 102 highline as the old engine killed itself (44k miles, and out of warranty). Anyway, I sourced a new engine a very low mileage CXG model and my mechanic has just fitted it. I made a slight mistake though, as it turns out the new engine is a 150 bhp model and as a result this has resulted in a fault (flashing glow plug light along with an engine management light on the dash and code P008800 fuel rail / system pressure too high from the OBD reader).

My mechanic thinks that the fuel regulator on the new engine is providing the injectors with too high pressure and that the regulator is picking it up as a fault and telling the ecu, hence the warning lights. We’ve come up with 2 solutions which may or may not work. Refit the original regulator off my old engine - hopefully reducing the pressure to the engine, or remap the ECU, my mechanic isn’t sure if this will cure the issue (when they remap the ecu, do they adjust the pressure of fuel, or the duration of fuel at the injectors ?).

I’ve spent a fair amount of money to get to this stage and now I seem to be back to square one, although at least my engine is now running on 4 (rather than 3) cylinders.

Any help, advice or experience would be very much appreciated.
Hi, just had same fault with my t6, turned out to be broken wire on fuel line sensor, wire soldered back together, cleared fault and all OK now

Back