Twin-Adjust-Projekt-Sensitiv (Eibach + Koni) comfort coilovers?

I want to lower a t6.1 really just to stop it looking like its on stilts, maybe by 30-40mm, comfort is a priority, its a work van and i do a lot of miles down bumpy country roads filled with pot holes. I don't carry much weight, probably 2-300kg. Its a T30 on standard Devonports. Would you all recommend the twin adjust project sensitive coilovers or the eibach comfort 1 springs?
Thank you!

I want to lower a t6.1 really just to stop it looking like its on stilts, maybe by 30-40mm, comfort is a priority, its a work van and i do a lot of miles down bumpy country roads filled with pot holes. I don't carry much weight, probably 2-300kg. Its a T30 on standard Devonports. Would you all recommend the twin adjust project sensitive coilovers or the eibach comfort 1 springs?
Thank you!
Some alternatives :- KONI sport shocks and H&R springs are a great solution for normal drops 40 mm approx £840.00 for the parts incl vat . We supply the correct spring for the van taking into account mods and conversions . . Stock is an issue at the moment and the next production run at the factory is beginning September for the shocks . The ST Kit has the ability to adjust height and they will be available in a few weeks time .

Thank you!

Hi Thatratman,
So, the very best setup we can supply for comfort and lowering is the Twin Adjust Projekt Comfort coilovers. Using Eibach springs and Koni dampers these offer a great ride and also the added benefit of having height adjustment from 40-70mm from standard ride height. Interestingly the supplier has recorded a -35mm drop and as much as a -75mm drop with his kit, however it will depend on the base van of course.

A very good option though is the Eibach Comforts. We are getting some really great feedback from happy customers using these and as mentioned these are the only 6.1 specifically TUV approved lowering spring currently available. Again will depend on the van, axle weights and which kit fitted however, having that rear height adjustment takes away the disappointment of having the pitch not to your particular preference.

An example of this during last week a customer specifically wanted to drop his nose by around 20mm and achieve an exact 10mm difference in pitch on the rear. So removing the H&R's that were too flat for his liking we got his perfect stance using the Eibach Max Low Eibach. = 1 x happy customer.

Of course we can also offer the B6 comfort damper and we can soon offer a Koni damper range designed for either Lift, Comfort (standard ride height) or Lowering depending on your setup.

PM us if you want any further details.

Hi Thatratman,
So, the very best setup we can supply for comfort and lowering is the Twin Adjust Projekt Comfort coilovers. Using Eibach springs and Koni dampers these offer a great ride and also the added benefit of having height adjustment from 40-70mm from standard ride height. Interestingly the supplier has recorded a -35mm drop and as much as a -75mm drop with his kit, however it will depend on the base van of course.

A very good option though is the Eibach Comforts. We are getting some really great feedback from happy customers using these and as mentioned these are the only 6.1 specifically TUV approved lowering spring currently available. Again will depend on the van, axle weights and which kit fitted however, having that rear height adjustment takes away the disappointment of having the pitch not to your particular preference.

An example of this during last week a customer specifically wanted to drop his nose by around 20mm and achieve an exact 10mm difference in pitch on the rear. So removing the H&R's that were too flat for his liking we got his perfect stance using the Eibach Max Low Eibach. = 1 x happy customer.

Of course we can also offer the B6 comfort damper and we can soon offer a Koni damper range designed for either Lift, Comfort (standard ride height) or Lowering depending on your setup.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply!!

Hi guys
I have just fitted the twin tube Projekt low kit to my van..
first a little history on my previous suspensions
I have had
Bilsteinb14’s
HR deep coilovers
Kw v3 coilovers
Airlift performance air ride
None of the above compare with the ride quality of
My new kit supplied by chilli vans
The 90 ml drop coupled with HR aniroll bars is
So comfortable ,been driving in the lakes today
A/B roads , so comfy , great handling
Honestly guys there is nothing to touch them

5783261E-70E3-4838-B1D2-3D76BE9E5CB7.jpeg

4EE1EBE0-3626-463D-8BD3-8BE9C9BF4B5D.jpeg

Hi Thatratman,

Hi Chili Jam - Looking to buy new suspension in 2021 for my T6.0 T32 LWB 4M Kombi (not a camper) - Ride comfort is my only real priority - Would you say the Twin Adjust Projekt Comfort coilovers give a plusher ride that the Bilstein B14 Komfort coilover, and if so do you know why? Or is it a bit too early to say?

Cheers

Hi,

Not had the chance to personally give it a direct comparison on an equally similar base van as yet but of course that will be a test that we will undertake in due course and impartially report back with our findings.

The guys that supply the UK with both setups indicated that the ultimate in comfort was the Twin Adjust Projekt kit due to the subtle differences in the dampers. One being Bilstein and the other Koni. The springs are exactly the same on both kits as they are exclusively made for Twin Monotube Projekt by Eibach.

We are currently putting together a Demo van for the Twin Adjust Kit. You never know, by 2021 we"ll hopefully have another one for the B14'S by then.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Brett.

Can I drop in on this tread?

I’m looking at getting bilstein komfort dampers to go with my -50mm H&R springs I already have, any problems with that? I’ve got a 2016 T30 ‘velle with 20” alloys. TIA

Can I drop in on this tread?

I’m looking at getting bilstein komfort dampers to go with my -50mm H&R springs I already have, any problems with that? I’ve got a 2016 T30 ‘velle with 20” alloys. TIA
Hi,
We have done a few of these B6 Comforts dampers with lowering springs with very good results.

A few things to consider though and perhaps a better option of a specific Koni lowering damper that will soon be available. Perhaps call me or PM me and I'll take you through those options.
Regards, Brett. 07813761028

Also interested on hearing a quick review for the 6.1
We have the Twin Adjust Projekt comfort coilovers (40-70mm) fitted to our 6.1. Will post a few pics once it's all done.
Very impressive ride quality, even in a pretty rattly empty panel van that is in desperate need of a makeover.
The improvement in driving comfort is huge compared to the standard T30 suspension.
Very responsive, body roll has been significantly reduced and it feels so much more comfortable on those delaminated and bumpy road surfaces.
Would love a direct comparision between those and the B14 Komforts.
Watch this space. Perhaps Bognor would be kind enough to offer both as a direct test?

I have just had The Bilstein B14 Komfort coilovers fitted to my van by Bognor Motors and having had the van since 2016,
I cannot believe the difference of driving, both of smoothness of ride and cornering etc. Looks a lot better as well on the Devonports with little arch gap, and I am only set at 50 down. Superb service from Bognor Motors from start to finish, and Oli was very helpful with information and advice. Reassuring to be able to test drive before committing as well.

ca

Here is a little promo video on the new Twin Adjust Projekt Sensitiv (TAPS) comfort coilovers and the new MAX LOW version. (50-90mm) using Koni dampers and Eibach springs.

If anyone wants any further info, please get in touch: info@chillijamvans.co.uk

Hey @Chilli Jam Vans - are the Max Low versions as comfortable as the Comfort versions? Will only be riding around 50-55mm max.
I have emailed you about these & the Bilsteins too but reading here these look/ sound more comfortable/ better? Ta

Hi all, I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased the TWIN-ADJUST-PROJECT SENSITIV+PLUSCOILOVER suspension kit and how did you like it ? Considering pushing the button on either this Sensitive or Sensitive Plus kit as its black-Friday sale and a good saving on Transporter HQ. I have a full camper conversion running on 17" Black Rhino Arsenal wheels with 235/55/17 tyres. Any information especially from the likes of @CRS Performance or @BognorMotors would be appreciated.

It’s a good kit. We’ve fitted a few but not something we stock.
Thanks for the reply. Looking at stuff online it seems to be the next evolution in suspension. Happy paying for quality since hopefully I'll have the van for a few years.

Hi all, I'm curious to know if anyone has purchased the TWIN-ADJUST-PROJECT SENSITIV+PLUSCOILOVER suspension kit and how did you like it ? Considering pushing the button on either this Sensitive or Sensitive Plus kit as its black-Friday sale and a good saving on Transporter HQ. I have a full camper conversion running on 17" Black Rhino Arsenal wheels with 235/55/17 tyres. Any information especially from the likes of @CRS Performance or @BognorMotors would be appreciated.
We dont sell it at all , its not the greatest design and there are better things available for the same money . Its a B14 kit ( Built by the same people ) with the Bilstein shocks substituted for KONI dampers . sadly the issues the B14 have are still present in the twin adjust kit . the KONI shocks are better however This is the big issue for campers :-.

the rear spring in a camper collapses almost completely !! , Give us a call and we will talk you through better ways to do this .

rear B14  spring.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Looking at stuff online it seems to be the next evolution in suspension. Happy paying for quality since hopefully I'll have the van for a few years.
It certainly isnt the next evolution by far, KONI have much more sophisticated technology nowadays but as an improvement on B14 and B14 Komfort there is no doubt !!

Back