New Battery - what Ah & spec?

@Squiz. Any chance of a link to the actual battery please? I did look on the Tayna website but couldn't find it (but I am an idiot!). Cheers.

Will try add a link but failing that it is this one....

S5A11 Bosch AGM car battery 12V 80Ah Type 115 S5A11

It was exactly the same size as the old one so was able to refit it's little jacket !

£137.50 plus £8.88 postage !

Hi, my van never has had correct battery installed, it's a 65amp and I recently worked out why the stop start does not work that well! so the battery is now a bit temperamental so looking to buy the correct replacement battery, the van is:
2016 T6 140bhp 4Motion Battery Replacement

So if I could know the correct battery that would match the original coding this would be good.

Thanking you all in advance.

Last edited:
More info here...

Efb is a cheaper version of an AGM.

There was a problem with early MOL batterys that were swapped under warranty.

But I think we are well over that now.

Post a pic of what you have.

That's the same battery I had from new in my van for 6 years, only replaced it 6 months ago.
If battery was in good condition it shouldn't have affected your stop/start.
My original battery was a 12v 68ah 380 din , same brand and serial number.

Thanks, so does your top start always work?
Also if this is standard why am I being told to buy the Bosch S5 A13 95Ah Battery when this is a much lower and cheaper spec?

Thanking you in advance.

The 95ah will have more cranking power and some see as needed, especially in a colder climate i would imagine.

I have been having no trouble with the 68ah battery. I replaced mine old battery with a 70 ah one as that was what was available in a good quality battery.

Stop/start needs certain conditions met before it will work.
Battery must not be below certain level, engine must be over a certain temperature.
So if your battery is not holding a decent charge stop/start wont operate.
Your picture is the original oem battery that was fitted to my 140bhp T6.

Whatever you do choose get a good quality agm starter battery, I don't know your local conditions so can't advise you on size.
All I can say is I had no problems with a 68ah or 70ah battery but I do put mine on a smart charger regularly to keep it charged as batteries don't like being left with a low charge.
If unsure ask at various garages that you trust what they recommend.

Thanks, that clears it up, so what battery would you recommend please?
@Glenn Board theres a few existing threads on this so I’ve merged your thread so you can read back and see all the existing recommendations in addition to what @Dellmassive has already signposted you towards.

In short, you’ll find that the factory battery will deplete after a few weeks, and be nigh-on useless after a few years. Hence the upgrade to a larger (and dearer) Ah battery.

Back