New arrival

Nice colour. You’ll be glad you got the 204 4motion. I love mine. Even with the weight of the conversion it pulls so well. I’ve not noticed any difference from when it was an empty panel van tbh.

Nice colour. You’ll be glad you got the 204 4motion. I love mine. Even with the weight of the conversion it pulls so well. I’ve not noticed any difference from when it was an empty panel van tbh.
Well after just 1 hour long journey back from picking her up yesterday I was enjoying the flexibility of the engine. I'm coming from a 300bhp petrol SUV and while it's clearly not a quick, it pulls nicely low down and felt effortless to drive. Radar cruise worked nicely too.

First day with the van, all seems spot on except the heater/blower which only works on setting 4 . Found the thread on here so will look at ordering part shortly.

Also ordered a couple of swivels to get started.

First day with the van, all seems spot on except the heater/blower which only works on setting 4 . Found the thread on here so will look at ordering part shortly.

Also ordered a couple of swivels to get started.
If it’s still under warranty get VW to do it. Same happened to mine and when it went in they spotted my egr pipe was split and my DMF was noisy so did I the lot under warranty.

Thanks.
I think it's just out, registered 27/12/17. I'll give them a try anyway...

Found first little design quirk yesterday by locking myself on the rear cargo area. I have electric tailgate, was doing some jobs in back so closed it behind me. I have 3 seat bench so folds down as one piece and have baby seat fitted in isofix points.

Can't open tailgate from inside?!? Even from key fob.... Had to pop the headrest and scramble over seats to escape lol.

Im not sure why the tailgate open on key fob wouldn't work from inside....

Found first little design quirk yesterday by locking myself on the rear cargo area. I have electric tailgate, was doing some jobs in back so closed it behind me. I have 3 seat bench so folds down as one piece and have baby seat fitted in isofix points.

Can't open tailgate from inside?!? Even from key fob.... Had to pop the headrest and scramble over seats to escape lol.

Im not sure why the tailgate open on key fob wouldn't work from inside....
The fob just unlocks the tailgate afaik. So when outside to pull the handle to release. I fitted a button on the inside of the tailgate to solve this.

84BC75F8-EC97-4117-8452-6C64C4DB9E6D_1_105_c.jpeg

The fob just unlocks the tailgate afaik. So when outside to pull the handle to release. I fitted a button on the inside of the tailgate to solve this.

View attachment 107396
For me long press on fob opens tailgate completely (auto tailgate) but it doesn't work from inside the car... Doesn't really make sense. I'm guessing a button wired of the outside handle would be the only way.

So far only a few niggles, the blower resister (now replaced) leaky aside windows and had a slight leak from tailgate seal (hopefully just a clean will help that).

Re side window leaks I know this is pretty common, what's the best approach to fixing?

Thinking about wheels, I don't want to go down the bumblebee/wasp route so silver for me. Thinking about Cantera 19's. Anyone got a pic against chrome yellow? This is the closest I could find to an example from transporter hq's flatbed.Screenshot_20210310-145409_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: MrT
So far only a few niggles, the blower resister (now replaced) leaky aside windows and had a slight leak from tailgate seal (hopefully just a clean will help that).

Re side window leaks I know this is pretty common, what's the best approach to fixing?

Thinking about wheels, I don't want to go down the bumblebee/wasp route so silver for me. Thinking about Cantera 19's. Anyone got a pic against chrome yellow? This is the closest I could find to an example from transporter hq's flatbed.View attachment 107657
If you are interested in canteras Iv got a set for sale if interested Pm me. :thumbsup:

Thinking about wheels, I don't want to go down the bumblebee/wasp route so silver for me. Thinking about Cantera 19's. Anyone got a pic against chrome yellow? This is the closest I could find to an example from transporter hq's flatbed.View attachment 107657
THQ had a slammed yellow TSI too that they put endless different wheels on, I can’t believe that that set didn’t end up on there at some point currently I can only find the Ferrari alloys shots though.

Shame you don’t like the yellow/black combo as I think these look great with gloss black everywhere inc poptop but I’m sure it will look great whatever you go for. Good luck with the build

THQ had a slammed yellow TSI too that they put endless different wheels on, I can’t believe that that set didn’t end up on there at some point currently I can only find the Ferrari alloys shots though.

Shame you don’t like the yellow/black combo as I think these look great with gloss black everywhere inc poptop but I’m sure it will look great whatever you go for. Good luck with the build
Thanks, THQ one is the style but not slammed. Booked in with Bognor Motors for B14s and a few other bits. Collected the canteras today. Look mint, only delivery miles on them.

If you are interested in canteras Iv got a set for sale if interested Pm me. :thumbsup:
Thanks I'm all sorted, collected today.

Thanks, THQ one is the style but not slammed. Booked in with Bognor Motors for B14s and a few other bits. Collected the canteras today. Look mint, only delivery miles on them.
Or in wife freindly speak it's going in for the suspension to be adjusted to carry passengers instead of cargo, and some other safety checks
(B14s, front lip, SL rear spoiler, canteras and tyres)

Couldn't find any chrome yellow t5s on canteras that aren't slammed so Photoshopped a blue one. It's a short wheelbase but gives the idea. I like it, looking forward to getting fitted in couple weeks res (1).jpg

Back