Never Seen One Of These Before

And to think I said that the grand Transporter XL thing has a big forehead!

To be fair, that’s a lot of vehicle for £5k, especially with a rear ramp.

Pete

They were originally built by Bluebird coach works at Scarborough, starting with the T5 in 2004. They used to build about two a week, mainly for local authorities. Most were 130 ps auto's, although at least one vehicle arrived as a 174 ps.

Lots of good stuff was discarded, doors complete, front wings, twin passenger seats, music, wheels and tyres were often discarded too , as they were not suitably load rated for the final product. Happy days.

There were skips full of brand new rear suspension stuff which didn't really have a market then as the model was still new. Later on the base vehicles were supplied without rear suspension at all, just a temporary set up with castors, so they could be moved around.

Early T5's with the 5 cyl engines quickly got a bad reputation for reliability, yet Bluebird reckoned they had very few issues with them.

I think Bluebird went bust/ ceased to trade.

To be fair, that’s a lot of vehicle for £5k, especially with a rear ramp.

Pete
Desperado brought me very close to buying that last night.
It would make a great conversion but I’d prefer it in blackberry.
Anyway, can someone buy it please as we have family over tomorrow and I think that could get messy and they can become rather encourage-able under drink.

Anyway, can someone buy it please as we have family over tomorrow and I think that could get messy and they can become rather encourage-able under drink.

worse hangover I’ve ever had was on Desperado’s - 1L bottles! Drunken ebay purchases - been there done that. Go lock up the Desperadoes and get someone to change you ebay password and you’ll be double safe!

Ian

Get those desperados down your neck mate. You can always re spray it. It'll be a right giggle.

Just searched VW bluebird and there are several for sale on ebay! Wonder how many will get snapped up tonight after a few desperados?!

In the transporter world I think it would be the equivalent of driving around in a hurse!

Back