Needingworth Or Cambridge Campers?

Hi everybody! Been obsessed about vw buses since a young boy and finally taking the jump and getting my first one this weekend!!! Im looking at 2 in particular, both chrome yellow fully converted 19 plate with delivery miles on, both companies just a few miles inbetween so going up friday to check them both out in Cambridgeshire. Does anyone have a tips or advise on these companies please? Much appreciated

I’m new to this too. Bought mine last July. Both vehicles look good to me and only advice I can give is to thoroughly check build quality especially rattles and creaks etc. Have a good long test drive and also have a good check over pop top.
Really enjoying our one now - hope you do the same. Cheers

Hi everybody! Been obsessed about vw buses since a young boy and finally taking the jump and getting my first one this weekend!!! Im looking at 2 in particular, both chrome yellow fully converted 19 plate with delivery miles on, both companies just a few miles inbetween so going up friday to check them both out in Cambridgeshire. Does anyone have a tips or advise on these companies please? Much appreciated
What roof bed, electrics do they have? Don’t get one with the oven. You’ll never use it :). What spec are the base vans? Led headlights?

Thanks for the advise! Feels like a lifetime waiting so want to get it right! Just thought the price looked good for 6 month old fully converted but in not to know! Going to go through the spec details tomorrow but to eager to waste a 3 hour drive and not get the ball rolling. Good advice on the oven just thought it was a nice extra but your probably right about it not getting used lol he just semt me pics the base vehicle is a 69 plate highline 102, looks like a van but has a back window?! Hmm the led headlights were a biggie for me so just keeping fingers crossed its got them... but doubt it :(

I live in Kent and I travelled to Watford, wales and Yorkshire to view vans. I knew that this was something that was worth the time - given the expense. I would say - my advice only - would to go for a T30 150 as a minimum.

Fair play yeah worth keeping more opitions i suppose. Yes i have thought this about the power, dont like the idea of a remap on 5 gear gearbox. After seeing the pics of the basevan im also now thinking is it cheaper/better to find a good base van then pay for a good conversion...

Thank you, just been on their site, wow some stunning vans down there and so weird you suggest them when im going down there this weekend for a couple of nights away. Anything i really like with leds and more grunt is 30k and up then its a conversion on top :rolleyes: wont hurt to look!

Conversion can fall in line but the base van is the important thing, a lot of things you can mod but a lot of things you can't.

Yes i do see what you mean, im going to ring around to get some rough quotes on a conversion but factor in a more superior base van before i go across there tomorrow

Needleworth campers is a reseller for camper king campers whereas Cambridge I think build their own.

I think both produce good looking campers with nice wheels etc but try to look past that to the quality of the conversion itself and the spec of the van it’s based on. You can always add the wheels etc later.

We have just had a conversion done and I wouldn’t say we made it perfect choice with the converter but it has what we want.

We ended up spending more on the base van than I budgeted for but still only a t28 102 5 speed and going from a 7 speed auto 5 series BMW I love it and can’t stop smiling driving round it’s great. Like you it is something I’ve been dreaming of for a long time and I never thought we would do it.

Enjoy the process, whether ready made off the peg or base van conversion. No decision will be perfect, no choice will be without naysayers just do to get it done and get camping! Happy Hunting!

Yes i do see what you mean, im going to ring around to get some rough quotes on a conversion but factor in a more superior base van before i go across there tomorrow
Just remember that it can be argued that you could spend as much on the conversion as on the van... plan out your wants and look where you are prepared to compromise or do it in stages... but enjoy the process and the research, it's all part of it :)

Needleworth campers is a reseller for camper king campers whereas Cambridge I think build their own.

I think both produce good looking campers with nice wheels etc but try to look past that to the quality of the conversion itself and the spec of the van it’s based on. You can always add the wheels etc later.

We have just had a conversion done and I wouldn’t say we made it perfect choice with the converter but it has what we want.

We ended up spending more on the base van than I budgeted for but still only a t28 102 5 speed and going from a 7 speed auto 5 series BMW I love it and can’t stop smiling driving round it’s great. Like you it is something I’ve been dreaming of for a long time and I never thought we would do it.

Enjoy the process, whether ready made off the peg or base van conversion. No decision will be perfect, no choice will be without naysayers just do to get it done and get camping! Happy Hunting!

Really appreciate that message, i thought it was weird they were called camper king, also I was driving 3 hours tomorrow with the mindset to get things rolling straight away as can't find fault in it from where im sat. So have been having last minute wobbles and frantically looking through a few years worth of vw magazines to try and see if im doing the right thing! A lot of it comes down to buget as well so would love a fully kitted base van but that might have to be the future camper lol like you said just get it done and get camping! If i go ahead tomorrow it will be the longest 4 weeks ever to wait but will be worth it and in time for spring :)

We speced ours with a converter , just could not get what we wanted from the off the peg providers . I overspent on the van and on fit it out ....but I LOVE it ... whatever you choose best of luck ,you won’t regret it :smile bounce:

Just looking now at the perfect base van and 24k so its if you can get a full conversion, heater, roof, and exterior styling for around 16-18k???

We speced ours with a converter , just could not get what we wanted from the off the peg providers . I overspent on the van and on fit it out ....but I LOVE it ... whatever you choose best of luck ,you won’t regret it :smile bounce:

Thank you! Who did yours? Hope i dont regret not pushing the boat out a bit but suppose theres some sort of equity on the drive for the future if i change my mind. Still young(ish) so hopefully i get the full vw bus world experience :)

Just looking now at the perfect base van and 24k so its if you can get a full conversion, heater, roof, and exterior styling for around 16-18k???
definately possible - there are also temporary options a well such as the Q U Q U Q – The mini-motor home out of the box

Best thing you could do is take a bit of time and nail down your total future spec that you would want. Then see how much that would cost and then see, if it exceeds your budget, if you could split it up into stages...

definately possible - there are also temporary options a well such as the Q U Q U Q – The mini-motor home out of the box

Best thing you could do is take a bit of time and nail down your total future spec that you would want. Then see how much that would cost and then see, if it exceeds your budget, if you could split it up into stages...

Wow then yeah if that was possible that then opens up a load more doors! That mini system is really neat

Back