NEC Show Cadac prices

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Not something I'm after but as I was passing the Cadac stand today I took a photo of the price list for anyone hoping to get a good deal while they're there
79BD4C08-AFB8-4E15-99CF-C2537E5737F1.jpeg

Great info - prices look good - just need to know what you are buying and/or comparing to as the bundles are forever changing. If anyone is buying a Carri Chef or Grillogas try and get them to throw a leg bag in to seal the deal!!

Did you enjoy your day there?.. I’m thinking of going if I have time.
No not really. I went to look for offers on new Ridgemonkey - couldn’t find any for sale, any business that could repair my ripped poptop - nothing, have a look at the Grand California - VW couldn’t be arsed. I haven’t been for 2 years and found pretty much the same vans in the same places. Same story wandering round the accessory stands, nothing new, no innovation. Couple that with the highest amount of smarmy old-fashioned salesmen per sq ft anywhere and the huge amount of miserable looking old people reminding me what’s in store for me before too long and I remember why I missed the last two. Left early afternoon and found out when I got back I missed Shaun and Lizzie by half an hour.

Bet you wish you hadn’t asked now :rofl:

@andys I always enjoy reading your posts, you always find the funny side of any bad situation, so I’m sorry to tell you.. but you will never be a miserable old man :rofl:
Getting old looks pretty damn depressing judging by the expressions on the faces of most people there though. I saw one couple deliberating on the benefits of some £90k+ leviathan and they looked like they were waiting for pile surgery. Call me weird, but if I had a big lump of money to buy something I really wanted, I’d be pretty excited about it. I can only assume they were buying it to drive straight to a Swiss clinic.

Seriously though, why wasn’t anyone selling Ridgemonkeys? They’d have flown. I’ve ordered off amazon now.

Visited today, lots of wobble boxes and it was weird being by far the youngest group we saw despite averaging mid 40's

Had a good look over the T6 campers and although good to see the various layouts it reinforced that we made the right decision going with a localish independent converter.

Managed to get an awesome deal on the Vango awning we wanted so overall a good day!

I wouldn't rush to attend again unless there was something specific I wanted.

Well we did come away with a Cadac and some extra bits and enjoyed the show, even managed to carry the thing all the way back to N5 without needing to stop and empty my colostomy bag or recharge the wife’s mobility scooter, mind you the circling buzzards were a bit off putting at times. Can’t wait till next year to find out who’s croaked in the last 12 months ? Oh the joys of being in gods waiting room. :D

I had a look round with the Mrs on Wednesday....Came away with a Cadac Safari Chef 2 pro and a Outdoor Revolution blow up awning.....I did note the average age of most of the folk wandering around!!

Cheers Kev

Going tomorrow...... at 40, I’m looking forward to being called ‘young man’! :cool:

Caravan and Motorhome Club shop has the Firetool JE50 for c £37.

Generally no real deals that I saw: a portable air cooling unit “deal” at £299 is only 299 US dollars on their website!= 260 euros, so less than £250?

Nice to wander around without silly crowds today.

Generally no real deals that I saw: a portable air cooling unit “deal” at £299 is only 299 US dollars on their website!= 260 euros, so less than £250?

Always the same at such events, “deals” are not deals at all, just designed to suck you in. Got to have your head screwed on, and a good 4g signal on your phone so that google can tell you just how good a “deal” it isn’t.

Good price on the Firetool but last time I saw them reduced at a show they were short dates?

As @DaveyB says, "deals" at the shows rarely are but, personally, I still like going to such shows to get a feel for what it available - not been this year as timing not right for us but will still go next year if available.

Back