Nec Motorhome Show Birmingham?

Long way to go for us from the North of Scotland but it was worth the trip.
Just back from a day at the show and have some new ideas for our conversion next year.
Lots of T6 action in halls 11 and 12 but also quite a few down at the caravan end of things.
Snagged a good deal on some new screen covers from Rainbow Screens.
Have finally maybe made up my mind about a pop top. Originally keen on a Jerba I have been through HiLo, Skyline, Reimo but the show gave me the chance to see main contenders almost next to one another. and the winner is .... Jerba.
Such a helpful crew and the quality of the roof is just as good as the Reimo. Some advantages, like a more easily replaceable canvas and much better roof rack capacity.
Yes it’s not the prettiest and along with the Reimo is a bit of a bathtub but practicality beats looks on what will be a proper camper not a 20” wheel fashion van.
Also decided I need a Reimo Variotech bed, brilliant design, very costly though!
Anyway well worth the day out.

Long way to go for us from the North of Scotland but it was worth the trip.
Just back from a day at the show and have some new ideas for our conversion next year.
Lots of T6 action in halls 11 and 12 but also quite a few down at the caravan end of things.
Snagged a good deal on some new screen covers from Rainbow Screens.
Have finally maybe made up my mind about a pop top. Originally keen on a Jerba I have been through HiLo, Skyline, Reimo but the show gave me the chance to see main contenders almost next to one another. and the winner is .... Jerba.
Such a helpful crew and the quality of the roof is just as good as the Reimo. Some advantages, like a more easily replaceable canvas and much better roof rack capacity.
Yes it’s not the prettiest and along with the Reimo is a bit of a bathtub but practicality beats looks on what will be a proper camper not a 20” wheel fashion van.
Also decided I need a Reimo Variotech bed, brilliant design, very costly though!
Anyway well worth the day out.
Good choice, if I was buying a poptop now with the benefit of the experiences I and others have had, along with having had chance to compare them all close up, I would get the Jerba roof. They came 2nd in my shortlist when I looked 3yrs ago and the only reason I went for the Westfalia was the total package and interior just pipped them for me, though at a price.

Also, The new VW California Grand was on show in long and longer versions. errr no, sorry it’s just wrong.
Ugly and no space inside, IMHO there are loads of nice vans in that class that do it so much better than VW have.
No doubt the name will sell it but the design will not.

Went down on Wednesday, nice diverse show but have to agree everything is cheaper online even with 'special show prices'.

IMG_20191015_141310.jpgAnyone else spot this bargain at the NEC? Not a great photo but yes, that is £118, 769 for a T6 conversion.

surely not!!!! Would anyone seriously spend that for such a small platform? 5.5k for bumpers and side skits, 4.5k for 22" wheels? Who ever buys one is the biggest a55hole you'll ever meet :)

the inflated prices piss me off! 60k for 204 highline that didn't come with electric mirrors, Led headlights and tail lights and comfort dash?
£1600 for B14 coilers? They are £1100 fitted at Transporter HQ. 3k for alcantara roof lining and A pillars?? Come On!!!
The hole thing just screams con.

The Jerba team were great. Very easy to talk to and the roof is great. Able to lift with our kayaks on top and that slatted bed was comfortable. The canvas and mesh size(midge proof!!!) all made a lot of sense

1B74E4CD-DDB9-457D-B390-070CC4D75999.jpeg
I’m beginning to like this semi swamper look more and more. Is it wrong to like the wheel arches?

Back