VW Sat Nav Map - latest update

Am I correct in thinking that all of the above is the reason for current VW Sat-Nav units not having a SD card? I believe it's replaced by an internal SIM which enables automatic remote updating of the files and is supplied with a two year contract after which the owner has to pay to renew the contract.
I've just ordered a MAN TGE and that is the system installed in the new vehicles.

I suppose as always they are after your money................ I forgot to ask you Nigel - I can't find your EBay item number 254365746184 for the VW CID coded SD card. Can you possibly post another link?

I suppose as always they are after your money................ I forgot to ask you Nigel - I can't find your EBay item number 254365746184 for the VW CID coded SD card. Can you possibly post another link?
Or tell us the seller please @Nigel W

This might sound a daft question but has anyone asked VW to supply a larger card as the files that they are now supplying are not compatible with the equipment that they are supplied for? FOC of course using the 'not fit for purpose' rules.

This might sound a daft question but has anyone asked VW to supply a larger card as the files that they are now supplying are not compatible with the equipment that they are supplied for? FOC of course using the 'not fit for purpose' rules.
Not a daft question and yes I did open a case with VW customer service - I think you can guess how far I got!

Here is a link to the seller, best you message him
Sent him a message 45 seconds later I had the answer. £26 inc postage. I'll be here on the 9th December which is a downer for my trip but I'll have to live with the old maps for my Europe trip.

Sent him a message 45 seconds later I had the answer. £26 inc postage. I'll be here on the 9th December which is a downer for my trip but I'll have to live with the old maps for my Europe trip.

he has one in the UK here tomorrow! Hope it's a good-un!

Does this one require modification to install?

Is there any risk of failure when I overwrite my original sd card?
Delete old "maps" folder before copying "maps" folder from update file to root of your SD card.

In case you are on a 16Gb card you can find inspiration here for removing irrelevant content making it fit on tour current SD card..

That is very correct.

FYI below is the current version available for download from official VW website.
Not sure what is going on :). Above you quote v16.7z this last post shows v15.7z. However on the website it shows that update is dated 2021/11/29 see attached.

My update, via VW Discovery Media, is clearly v19.7z with a map update of 6th May 2022. The map update on Discovery Media shows 2022/23

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 19.57.38.png

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 20.04.04.png

The version you posted shows v16.7z

Judging from the dbinfo.txt inside the filestructure.

The file on VW website:
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="1810"
PartNumber2="5NA919866CA"
PartNumber3="5L0051236CM"
PartNumber4="6P0919866CD"
PartNumber5="7CE919866BQ"
SystemName="ECE AS 22/23"

The file Robert linked:
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="1910"
PartNumber2="5NA919866CK"
PartNumber3="5L0051236CR"
PartNumber4="V03959817TG"
PartNumber5="7CE919866BR"
SystemName="ECE AS 2023"

Discovercare offers same fileversion as the one on VW website.

Unless VW has really gone crazy in their versioning and file naming to me the above makes Roberts link the newer.
I am unable to locate a higher version.

v19 is quite a jump and thus sounds off.
But nothing is impossible. :)

Back