VW Sat Nav Map - latest update

Not sure what is going on :). Above you quote v16.7z this last post shows v15.7z. However on the website it shows that update is dated 2021/11/29 see attached.

My update, via VW Discovery Media, is clearly v19.7z with a map update of 6th May 2022. The map update on Discovery Media shows 2022/23
Any chance of sharing your data or even better the source?

I just deleted these folders:
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SKODA
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SEAT

and all language support folders in this folder except the GB one:
maps\00\sds

but obviously keep the language that suits you.
Absolutely chuffed with this result. Brilliant advice from @liaoyang as above, using the link provided by @Robert.

Downloaded the file. Extracted with 7-Zip. Deleted Skoda and Seat files. Deleted all non-GB language files. And that was enough to get under the 16gb limit by about 60mb! Deleted the existing files on the SD card. Copied the folders over and bob’s your uncle! No need to do any more complicated file swapping. As far as I can see, fully functionality and no gaps in the maps.

The DiscoverCare software presents itself as useful, before taking every opportunity to fail. Tried going this route before using Robert’s file. It would only allow me to download and install the 7gb ECE1 2022/23 map set (essentially Western Europe). When I tried the 16gb ECE AS 2023 version (Europe and far beyond), it failed on the checksum (after taking several hours to download on my 300mb/s connection).

In the end, very easy. Very much appreciate the chatter in this thread. Let’s be honest… the VW navigation software is sh*t compared to Apple/Google/Waze, but I think it’s very important to have offline maps and navigation when far from home (which I expect to be very soon!).

My images below, of the two versions I tried.

Top: 7gb version, as is from VW DiscoverCare installer.
Bottom: 16gb version, downloaded from Robert’s link. Skoda/Seat and other languages removed. Copied/pasted onto card. Simples.

18B21FFA-87CE-4569-8AE3-ED4E3F5FB3C5.jpg

Absolutely chuffed with this result. Brilliant advice from @liaoyang as above, using the link provided by @Robert.

... Let’s be honest… the VW navigation software is sh*t compared to ...
I couldn't agree more -

Before getting my Sharan - with built-in satnav - I had a free-standing Tomtom which was infinitely better.
What makes it even worse, I read somewhere that VW uses third-party mapping software in their satnavs so they are not interested in correcting errors etc. I have tried for months to find a way to report errors, without success, so if anyone DOES know who/how to report errors to - please enlighten me.

So far I mainly use the satnav for local journeys, where I don't know the exact destination but know most of the roads to get there. The satnav constantly tells me to make illegal/non-existent turns - which have been in place for decades, so will not be corrected by a new map update!!!
God help me if I ever need to rely on the satnav to get me to a location which is completely unfamiliar to me!
I know you shouldn't follow a satnav blindly - you are always responsible for following the signs and rules of the road - but in unfamiliar territory, with heavy and potentially fast-moving traffic, if you can't rely on the satnav to NOT give you illegal instructions then it is worse than useless!

Trying to load newest update but still too big. Deleted all the language files inc GB plus the soda and seat. Still too big.

Card is apparently 14.8gb and files are 14.9 . Will have to reselect the map regions I guess

I had my head unit repaired by Ingleby Electronics who also supplied me with a new larger memory card, maybe a call to them will solve your problem if you can't squeeze it all onto the older small one.

It’s possible to patch the Discover Media head unit so that you can use any card for the map updates, it removes the 16Gb limitation. The detailed instructions & relevant downloads are on the forum if you search for them. I’ve done it & it works fine.

Trying to load newest update but still too big. Deleted all the language files inc GB plus the soda and seat. Still too big.

Card is apparently 14.8gb and files are 14.9 . Will have to reselect the map regions I guess
I managed to get the full maps onto the smaller card. I did all of those things you did and then copied over the folders with the big files first and then the rest. I was left with 2mb space free.

The updated map "DiscoverMedia2_EU-AS_2010_V17" works seamlessly in VW vehicles with 16 GB SD Card.
Change made (Deleted content);
\maps\00\cfg\Delphi\V1\MAN
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SEAT
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\SKODA
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\se_default.cfg
\maps\00\cfg\mapcfg\sk_default.cfg

Experience and working on 2017 Passat and 2019 Tiguan(MST2_EU_VW_P0890D).

for example folder content;
\maps\00\nds\PRODUCT

DiscoverMedia2_EU-AS_2010_V1
# ECE AS(A1) 2023/24 15.3 Gb
Update Date: 2022/11/28

Coverage: Germany, Andorra, Albania*, Austria, Belarus*, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria*, Great Britain, Gibraltar, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Netherlands, Croatia, Montenegro*, Kosovo*, North Macedonia* , Cyprus*, Latvia*, Liechtenstein, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Moldova*, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania*, Russia*, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia*, Serbia*, Turkey*, Ukraine *, Vatican, Greece, Czech Republic, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Iceland

Code:
E1
E2
E3
E4
E5
E6
E8
E10
E11
E12
E13
PRODUCT.NDS

DiscoverMedia2_EU-DL4_2010_V17
# ECE 7 2023/24 7.0 Gb

Code:
E6
E8
E9 Turkey!
E10
E11
E13
PRODUCT.NDS

DiscoverMedia2_EU2_2010_V17
# ECE 2 2023/24 6.5 Gb
Code:
E5
E7
E8
E10
E13
E14
PRODUCT.NDS

DiscoverMedia2_EU2_2010_V17
# ECE 2 2023/24 6.5 Gb
What other countries are there?
What is important to me is;
Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway,
Which countries does this list belong to?

Adsız.png

Hmm! just downloaded the latest version & it's still 90mb too big for the 16gb card, even after deleting the un-necessary language & CFG stuff. Does anyone know which countries the sub-directories in the "product" directory correspond to? Is E9 definitely Turkey?

Back