Name your best and worst van related purchases.

I haven't got experience with any others but, for what it's worth, I've never had any real issues with my Kiravans swivel. Apart from the first couple of attempts when I bought the van, I've always found it pretty easy to turn and put back. My maintenance regime is the very occasional squirt with silicone spray and putting some grease on the locking bolts once a year. I find that it helps to get the silicone deep into the swivel plate if the locking bolts are undone and the seat (along with the top half of the swivel) is pushed up a bit to allow the spraying 'straw) to get under it.

Best….. my battery power station…( 2x 160ah lithium)

Worst…..Awning tents…Had the Hex and Rhône….just hated the fight to erect them ….We both love the retro Tipi bell tent ..so easy :)

ps .. Happiness is a T6…:rofl:

Renogy 170Ah Lifepo4 battery is performing amazingly and I have found this battery so reliable. No frills...... Just an internal BMS which does what it says on the tin:

Something that has performed worse than I had expected and I don't consider good value for money.
Been looking at this battery wondering if it will fit under a single seat base. Where’s yours stored?

Under drivers seat together with a 30A DC-DC charger. Perfect fit.
Any chance of a picture @Samro ? I’m considering the renogy 170ah but it would need to lay on its side (as in the pictures I think) as I have a lowered seat base so I cant fit a standard spec/dimension battery upright.

Here you go:
Finished mine today:

Drivers side:
Renogy 170Ah lifepo4.
Victron 30A DC-DC
Bluesea Master fuse holder
Victron Smart Shunt (500A)
Victron Smartsense
(Relocated existing LED light controller, tow assist controller and numerous fuses.)
View attachment 136016

Passenger side:
Bluesea 70A breaker (For master feed-Excluding inverter feed)
Bluesea 200A breaker (For inverter)
Victron Battery Protect
Victron 1200W inverter
Victron Smartsolar 75/15 MPPT
Bluesea Maxibuses,
Bluesea negative Minibus and compact fuse block.
Solar isolation switch and circuit protection
Bluesea Isolation Switch. (Externally accessible when seats reinstated)
Raspberry Pi 3b with Victron Cerbo Software with USB cables to all available VE ports.
Power supply for Huwawai 4G router.
Distribution box with protection for inverter output.View attachment 136015

Here you go:
Thanks.

Still looks like your battery is nearly as high as the seat base. I think my lowered bases are ~30mm lower so it really restricts what you can fit in them. Guess I just need to mock up the battery shape to be sure.

Best Van King bed and sliding tray.

Worst Eco Worthy battery monitor.

John.
I agree with the Eco Worthy monitor comment as its not really for campervans. I use it in my garage solar set up, but would not purchase it again.

I agree with the Eco Worthy monitor comment as its not really for campervans. I use it in my garage solar set up, but would not purchase it again.
My problem is getting it set up correctly as the coloured battery symbol does not light up and understanding the instructions is nigh impossible. I've managed to set it up as it reads the battery voltage only.

John.

My problem is getting it set up correctly as the coloured battery symbol does not light up and understanding the instructions is nigh impossible. I've managed to set it up as it reads the battery voltage only.

John.
Have you completely drained your battery then connected it up? but evidently it will eventually sort itself automatically. (they are pants) In the van I have a 200A shunt.

£16 off Ebay Works well.

1708517442183.png

I have two 100ah eco worthy lithium batteries but I haven’t completely discharged them they were about 60% charged when I connected the eco worthy battery monitor and then fully charged the batteries, but I’m stuck with it as I cut a hole in my panel to house the unit.

John

I have two 100ah eco worthy lithium batteries but I haven’t completely discharged them they were about 60% charged when I connected the eco worthy battery monitor and then fully charged the batteries, but I’m stuck with it as I cut a hole in my panel to house the unit.

John
I have the same with a charge isolator switch for cold weather, I drained the batteries to 10v and let it charge itself its now showing 134.2Ah @ 67%. (the instructions are pap) and its not really for a campervan as I feel its a little fragile, namely the hall monitor and wiring.

Back