MY18 exhaust design

Wills

VIP Member
T6 Legend
1st time under my van today to remove the spare wheel so it doesn't get pinched and drill the holes for the Cali seat rails.
Looks like some one's pinched the rear section of the exhaust system.. When did VW decide to shorten the system so it ends halfway along the van?

I like that the 150 exhaust is less noticable than other engines but it deffo ends at the back lol

The exhaust ends well before the rear axle. Is that per spec?

exhaust1 (4).JPG

LWB is the reason, my SWB goes to the bumper..

It has a silencer and turned down tail pipe so why would it not be correct? 1500mm, you photo doesn't do it justice.
Here is my my17 swb.
IMG_4362.jpg

The pic isn't too useful. The pipe ends 200mm before the sliding door ends and close to where the fuel task ends too

Thats a short exhaust - on Lozs pic the bumper is next to the bright bit so really close to where youd typically find the end of the exhaust.

Yes brand new, delivered a few weeks ago and only driven by myself. Not many miles done AND I would have know if it had dropped off :) Was it pinched? The CAT's still there so probably not. Observation > It's Never had a connecting pipe.. VERY strange.
How did it leave the factory and pass a PDI check locally?

Is it overly noisy? Perhaps it’s another cost saving measure?

As you say probably not stolen otherwise they would not have left such a neat finish to the tailpipe.

Interestingly, I've not noticed it being overly noisy and with such a nice finish who knows? I've emailed the dealer so watch this space..

The exhaust gasses get extremely hot when its carrying out a regen, even when idling- and you'd expect them to be even hotter with one less silencer and pipework to go through, so it seems a strange place for it to finish.

Back