Front chrome VW Badge wanted

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
@Pauly
Hi, what is the cost of a new front badge please as I seem to have lost mine
Are they the same price from the forum shop as they are from a vw dealer ? ( i have one not far from me so thats why i asked ), thanks

Before and after shots...

20190823_100831.jpg 20191002_174933.jpg

@Pauly

Any idea of costs ? I seem to have lost the badge and also the piece that goes behind.
I've had it off recently for spray/wrap etc.. so i can only think that its managed to pop itself off ?

Does anyone know the part number of the piece that goes behind the actual front badge ?
I need to buy a new badge as well as the back piece as mine seem to have popped off ?
20191002_202346.jpg
What it looks like now..
20191002_174933.jpg

I thought it was the same part, albeit it comes in two pieces. Well, aftermarket ones do anyway

View attachment 52050
I am hoping that when i ring vw today that it comes in 2 pieces, if you buy aftermarket do you get both pieces or do you just get the actual vw badge. Im not sure whats happened to mine ? I took it off for spraying/wrapping 6 weeks ago and then refit it. No problems until yesterday when i noticed it was missing !

Sorry, yes, i was looking at the back one! :whistle:

Front is indeed 1 piece of front "VW" badge only
Ah ok , it should be two pieces that clip into each other ( not just the vw badge ).
I better ring VW as aftermarket wont give me what i need , which is front and back parts.

price update....

badge comes in 3 parts, i just need the front vw badge + the middle piece.

middle piece= £4.26 from VW
front badge =£40 from VW !!!!

i've ordered the middle piece from VW and the front badge from Vanstyle for £20 including delivery. I think once i've had the middle piece wrapped again I'm going to glue everything in place as I don't want this happening again

Well, it's fell off or been nicked.
(Does anyone even nick vw badges anymore?)
Either way my front gloss black vw badge is now missing :-(
Is it common for these to fall off the aftermarket gloss black grills?
I'll glue the the next one on.

Mine was a genuine one sprayed black by @BognorMotors , are the aftermarket ones any good or should I go down the genuine and get it painted route?

Cheers!

IMG_20200213_171039.jpg

That’s been taken. They are on very securely.

We’ve always just painted the originals. I’m sure the aftermarket are fine

If some piece of 5h1t3 can nick the glass out of my nearside mirror whilst it was parked up, then a nice black vw badge will be a tasty little treat for the same kind of turd.

Well, it's fell off or been nicked.
(Does anyone even nick vw badges anymore?)
Either way my front gloss black vw badge is now missing :-(
Is it common for these to fall off the aftermarket gloss black grills?
I'll glue the the next one on.

Mine was a genuine one sprayed black by @BognorMotors , are the aftermarket ones any good or should I go down the genuine and get it painted route?

Cheers!

View attachment 60648

I've owned both a genuine VW grill that we've Gloss Blacked and a couple of none genuine grills that came in Gloss Black and I agree with Oli, the genuine grills are not easy to remove the badges and I cannot see a badge just falling off, they are attached with a number of tiny clips making them very secure once fitted to the grill.
As for the aftermarket grills, they are good, but certainly not up to the standard of a genuine one. If it was me, i'd buy a genuine badge off @BognorMotors and get them to Black it when they are doing others and send it to you.

Back