My Vw Badge Fell Off....

Discussion in 'General VW T6 Chat' started by j4ckal, 14 Feb 2020 at 13:36.

1. j4ckal

j4ckal Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Well, it's fell off or been nicked.
    (Does anyone even nick vw badges anymore?)
    Either way my front gloss black vw badge is now missing :-(
    Is it common for these to fall off the aftermarket gloss black grills?
    I'll glue the the next one on.

Mine was a genuine one sprayed black by @BognorMotors , are the aftermarket ones any good or should I go down the genuine and get it painted route?

Cheers!

IMG_20200213_171039.jpg

2. BognorMotors

BognorMotors Senior Member Trade Member T6 Legend

Map
    That’s been taken. They are on very securely.

We’ve always just painted the originals. I’m sure the aftermarket are fine

j4ckal likes this.
  3. DaveyB

DaveyB Funds just don’t support the desires!!! Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    If some piece of 5h1t3 can nick the glass out of my nearside mirror whilst it was parked up, then a nice black vw badge will be a tasty little treat for the same kind of turd.

4. Tourershine

Tourershine Senior Citizen. VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I've owned both a genuine VW grill that we've Gloss Blacked and a couple of none genuine grills that came in Gloss Black and I agree with Oli, the genuine grills are not easy to remove the badges and I cannot see a badge just falling off, they are attached with a number of tiny clips making them very secure once fitted to the grill.
    As for the aftermarket grills, they are good, but certainly not up to the standard of a genuine one. If it was me, i'd buy a genuine badge off @BognorMotors and get them to Black it when they are doing others and send it to you.

BognorMotors likes this.
  5. MatT6

MatT6 Senior Member T6 Pro

I sikaflexed my gloss black one on. It isn't coming off haha.

6. Phil_G

Phil_G Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

They'll just cut around it with a cordless jigsaw leaving you with a gaping hole instead of a couple of screwdriver scratches. Scumbags. A local heavily-fortified flying club was broken into, inside they did no damage but arranged all the crockery into the shape of their 'tag' just to show they could.

7. oldiebut goodie

oldiebut goodie Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

They could do with their faces being "arranged".;)

Tags: