My Vw Badge Fell Off....

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Well, it's fell off or been nicked.
(Does anyone even nick vw badges anymore?)
Either way my front gloss black vw badge is now missing :-(
Is it common for these to fall off the aftermarket gloss black grills?
I'll glue the the next one on.

Mine was a genuine one sprayed black by @BognorMotors , are the aftermarket ones any good or should I go down the genuine and get it painted route?

Cheers!

IMG_20200213_171039.jpg

BognorMotors

VanMan
Trade Member
T6 Legend
That’s been taken. They are on very securely.

We’ve always just painted the originals. I’m sure the aftermarket are fine

DaveyB

Funds just don’t support the desires!!!
VIP Member
T6 Legend
If some piece of 5h1t3 can nick the glass out of my nearside mirror whilst it was parked up, then a nice black vw badge will be a tasty little treat for the same kind of turd.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Well, it's fell off or been nicked.
(Does anyone even nick vw badges anymore?)
Either way my front gloss black vw badge is now missing :-(
Is it common for these to fall off the aftermarket gloss black grills?
I'll glue the the next one on.

Mine was a genuine one sprayed black by @BognorMotors , are the aftermarket ones any good or should I go down the genuine and get it painted route?

Cheers!

View attachment 60648
I've owned both a genuine VW grill that we've Gloss Blacked and a couple of none genuine grills that came in Gloss Black and I agree with Oli, the genuine grills are not easy to remove the badges and I cannot see a badge just falling off, they are attached with a number of tiny clips making them very secure once fitted to the grill.
As for the aftermarket grills, they are good, but certainly not up to the standard of a genuine one. If it was me, i'd buy a genuine badge off @BognorMotors and get them to Black it when they are doing others and send it to you.

Phil_G

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I sikaflexed my gloss black one on. It isn't coming off haha.
They'll just cut around it with a cordless jigsaw leaving you with a gaping hole instead of a couple of screwdriver scratches. Scumbags. A local heavily-fortified flying club was broken into, inside they did no damage but arranged all the crockery into the shape of their 'tag' just to show they could.