My New Grey Baby

George

VIP Member
Hi all, Im a newbie to the forum, and im looking forward to seeing and learning some of the things people have done to their own T6`s
I went with a Highline, LWB, 204ps BiTDI, 4 Motion, Kombi with 3 seater bench, Auto DSG, BMT
Options I had where, Diff Lock, LED front and rear, High beam assist, rear spoiler for tailgate, Front spoiler, Roof rails, comfort dash, chrome repeater covers

There are a few things I want to look into as I noticed I can not change certain settings within the MFD

qxvrsm.jpg
311vviv.jpg
17vgua.jpg

Nice looking van @George and the best colour too. Welcome to the forum. What's the first mod on the list then :D

Nice looking van @George and the best colour too. Welcome to the forum. What's the first mod on the list then :D
I think unlocking some of the MFD functions I think so i can play away in the menu system as and when i want, but apart from that, the van booked into to have a kenwood head unit fitted, front and rear dash cams, and some rear 6x9`s in the rear.
I was also thinking some RGB LED lighting for pass and driver foot wells and door cards, the wiring easy as I am a electrician by trade, the headache is trying to control the RGB while remaining discrete or in keeping with the style of the van, I was trying to enquire if the kenwood head unit had options for rgb control

Nice set of wheels!

I'm a spark too and have a SWB Kombi - been looking closely at getting the back racked out - have you got any planned or done?

I think unlocking some of the MFD functions I think so i can play away in the menu system as and when i want, but apart from that, the van booked into to have a kenwood head unit fitted, front and rear dash cams, and some rear 6x9`s in the rear.
I was also thinking some RGB LED lighting for pass and driver foot wells and door cards, the wiring easy as I am a electrician by trade, the headache is trying to control the RGB while remaining discrete or in keeping with the style of the van, I was trying to enquire if the kenwood head unit had options for rgb control

I have a RF RGB controller. When it powers up it comes on with the last colour selected, being RF you can hide it away somewhere. Not sure how it would cope with the courtesy circuit fading up and down though. They're only a few quid on ebay though so might be worth a punt :thumbsup:

Not sure there are any extra functions you can add to the MFD other than large MPH display.

Nice set of wheels!

I'm a spark too and have a SWB Kombi - been looking closely at getting the back racked out - have you got any planned or done?
I got the rear sides and back tailgate ply lined, but not the floor as got a spongy matting fitted from the factory which goes up to the front seats then its carpet in the front, but just in case i get out on the tools again i got the roof rails on the top for if i need ladders

I have a RF RGB controller. When it powers up it comes on with the last colour selected, being RF you can hide it away somewhere. Not sure how it would cope with the courtesy circuit fading up and down though. They're only a few quid on ebay though so might be worth a punt :thumbsup:

Not sure there are any extra functions you can add to the MFD other than large MPH display.
well on the MFD the large digital MPH display would be nice, but there are some options I can not access like changing from 1 button press to unlock all doors to 2 button press, and also the drive over 5 mph and all door auto lock, and when stop and remove key doors auto unlock, it as if they stripped away a lot of the options to keep the MFD too simple, and being a complete tech head i want lots of options to play with lol

well on the MFD the large digital MPH display would be nice, but there are some options I can not access like changing from 1 button press to unlock all doors to 2 button press, and also the drive over 5 mph and all door auto lock, and when stop and remove key doors auto unlock, it as if they stripped away a lot of the options to keep the MFD too simple, and being a complete tech head i want lots of options to play with lol
It's not possible to add those settings to the MFD. They can only be changed with VCDS or Carista.

Back