My finished interior

looks awesome, how did you clip your panels in? I ordered some hidden clips but am using 6mm ply for my panels and they wont fit :(

looks awesome, how did you clip your panels in? I ordered some hidden clips but am using 6mm ply for my panels and they wont fit :(
I used 6 mm panels as well, you can just use a tool to grind a countersink in the holes slightly so the hidden clips will fit !

Et voilà .. you can get them at b and q in a set of various shapes... make sure you do the correct side ☝️

Looks great. Very clean lines. Any more pics?
Just about to line my T5 in a similar manner so gathering info.

What size ply and which clips did you use in the roof?

I’m using 3.6mm ply and struggling to get the megavanmats longer roof clips to fit in the panels.

What size ply and which clips did you use in the roof?

I’m using 3.6mm ply and struggling to get the megavanmats longer roof clips to fit in the panels.
I used the same ply and used the longer clips that slide into the original panel plastic strips that connect the cabin and middle section ... those clips are a total pain in the ass you can never get them out once there in without breaking something so be very careful ... you have to drill out the original original female receptors for the old clips so you can use the holes with the extra long roof clips... I really tried to use the originals but had to give up as they just will not hold .. the longer ones do the job well but god help us if we ever need to get those panels down again I have managed to have the rear section serviceable by using screws at the far rear and i can slide the back panel out from the grey strip with out having to remove it. It’s hard to describe so hope you get what I mean .. im Going to add some more pics which should help anyone to see what I’ve done .. but it’s pissing down with rain right now ... lockdown hell

Looks good! Where did you get your ply from?
Ply was just off some seller on eBay ... I had to get a panel or two replaced though as they were delaminating ! So would not recommend the seller I used

For the ceiling I used ply from a builders merchant and cut to size and shape myself and drilled just the holes I needed .. I made it slighty oversized from original panels so it actually pretty much holds itself up there I only have about 4 clips in the front panel holding it in shape and the same at the far rear... the ceiling is the thing I’m most happy with as it really is the most difficult part of the whole job .. I made sure the get that part correct .. the last thing you need is a lovely looking interior but with a ceiling that is about to fall down any moment or rattling or whatever ! That’s how my van came they had done a lovely looking bodge job and the ceiling was basically a nightmare of gaffa tape Screws directly into metal and everything you do not want to see in your van plus it was starting to fall down .. so that’s how my whole incentive to sort out the interior started once I had a good look at that it made me look at the rest of the van and I just stripped it all back to factory settings and started over ... the floor was screwed into the bare metal it was a total nightmare ..

Attacked this today, found my trusty router and looks pretty good in the end. Did a few tests first but well happy with the result.

20200419_112849.jpg

20200419_121338.jpg

20200419_121334.jpg

Back