My 8 seater / 2 Seater / 5 Seater shuttle work van

Joystick

Hi people
So i got my self a T6 8 seater! I wanted it more for the family and fun but need it as a work tool too!. I have had many work vans before (Last one top spec Traffic sport LWB 2019 plate.. great van for work, rubbish for family as a 3 seater!)

This is my solution (built for £50 this weekend but i did have some offcuts from other jobs to help) so i can make it a 2 seater van that can carry mucho, to a 5 and then 8 seater without having to leave bits of wood by the road side or remove any seats. I have made it modular, so that when just the family of four go away, I can remove the 3rd row so we can get 4 bikes / tents etc in the back.
I am still waiting for the seat covers to arrive! The current seats are A1 condition apart from a few cuts / scrapes on the backs and as i know i will do worse, so i really need them! (hence using my heavy duty protective sheets for the first fit. I will be staining all the ply in black / charcoal stain.

Has any one else done this kind of mod? I am looking for advice improvements and knowledge please!

Thank you in advance
Ben (New second hand T6 owner with less money!)

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1529.jpeg

IMG_1530.jpeg

IMG_1531.jpeg

IMG_1532.jpeg

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1536.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg

IMG_1538.jpeg

IMG_1539.jpeg

IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg

This looks useful, I have a 9 seater and have done something similar. You can buy stretch carpet and spray glue. Makes it nice to touch.

I have an IKEA 4inch thick futon mattress which sits above my shelf, then unfolds when I fold down the rear seats. My Shuttle is a LWB so the futon bed mattress fits nicely on the shelf and rear seats. Even more comfy with the £30 double mattress topper from Dunelm.

Good luck. Its £100 every time you want to put a plate on retention. I just looked on the site, they have not put it up for sale yet.

Thanks for the help. I did not realise they were so readily available so went straight back to business and they are sorting it for me. Thanks again

Has anyone had any updates from VW?
Mine went into build 5 weeks ago and is apparently still in the factory as from yesterday with no further progress on the build. My sales person from vw is, let's say it politely not very helpful.
It's nothing special only a 110ps with a solid tailgate with led lights and no bulkhead. The best bit is i ordered it last December!
Thanks guys

Can I ask who you both ordered through? I’m up to 11 months at the moment :( ordered through autoebid via ashfords.

I have ordered my though SMG at Tonbridge. I was told on Wednesday that it has just left the factory. I know they said they were very low on resistor but have got a large supply in now.
I hope you get confirmation soon, just keep chasing thats what i did.

Back