must haves on T6.1

Can I double check if you get the VAT back on buying a Kombi? It seems since the coca cola case HMRC have classified Kombis as cars and not as a van. If there is a way round this I'd love to know.
my van gets bought as business expense and i get the vat back even on cars

Ordered 6.1 T30 150 kombi high line
Pure grey
Carpet
LED lights (thanks to those who said was needed)
80l tank
Seat heaters
Uprated battery and alternator
Reverse camera
2+1 seats
Bulkhead
Power latch boot
Twin electric sliders

did you get your van yet???

Can I double check if you get the VAT back on buying a Kombi? It seems since the coca cola case HMRC have classified Kombis as cars and not as a van. If there is a way round this I'd love to know.
Our accountant just said to make sure it said N1 on the log book. And he was happy with that. He must have got fed up of us checking and showing him examples. We did go for the T32 just in case there was a problem. It`s been added now to the accounts so just waiting now.

Ok so i am very seriously thinking of a new 6.1 to convert, i have steadily converted, sold and upgraded over the last few years.
Currently i have a very nice 2016 T6 Bi Turbo with low mileage - the 6.1 looks tempting but it would be 6 months before i saw it (I am in NZ)

so i am not adding much but this is what i have on my must have list

LWB Trendline
Engine upgrade to bi Turbo
Curtain airbags
Adaptive cruise
Mudflaps
Possibly front fog lights with cornering function - just cos they look good :)

will need towbar but can probably get that cheaper after market.
wouldn't be fussed about lowering but may get some slightly bigger alloys.

what would you add that you feel a must have?

Ok so i am very seriously thinking of a new 6.1 to convert, i have steadily converted, sold and upgraded over the last few years.
Currently i have a very nice 2016 T6 Bi Turbo with low mileage - the 6.1 looks tempting but it would be 6 months before i saw it (I am in NZ)

so i am not adding much but this is what i have on my must have list

LWB Trendline
Engine upgrade to bi Turbo
Curtain airbags
Adaptive cruise
Mudflaps
Possibly front fog lights with cornering function - just cos they look good :)

will need towbar but can probably get that cheaper after market.
wouldn't be fussed about lowering but may get some slightly bigger alloys.

what would you add that you feel a must have?

LED headlights - it’s the one consistent addition that just about everyone recommends
And if you want to convert, think about the factory swivels and single passenger seat. Much cheaper option than trying to retro fit for these, at least in the UK they are anyway.

I collect a T6.1 tomorrow , do regret not getting the LEDs as they look the business. Are they’re any aftermarket LED headlights available yet for the T6.1?

I think Coca Cola lost the case !
I’ll confirm that Coke Cola have lost the case, a Kombi is classed as a passenger carrying vehicle.
I know a technician for Coke, has received a letter from his employer to this effect.
for reference his T5 at the time was a T32 kombi highline 140bhp, with removable storage units behind the front passenger seats, to replace the kombi rear seats. The rear had fixed fitted storage units. A very smart setup.
Coke are in discussions with HRMC to pay the owed benefit in kind, which has been back dated 4years from when the case was first investigated, the period when using these vans.
They now wiz round the country in T6 highline panel vans, fully fitted out with storage in the rear, 3 seats only!

I wish I had ordered the power tailgate.. I've not taken the tow bar out of the van yet but that's going to come into use when the bike rack gets ordered ... next year!

Back